Starter tube amp for iem
Jul 14, 2023 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CheggStudyTools

New Head-Fier
I'm looking into grabbing a tube hybrid amp for my Softears Studio 4's, but would prefer to keep the budget under $250 (used is fine). I'm currently running a JDS atom with a Fiio E10k as DAC. Right now, the LD1+ seems to be the best fit for me, which I'm fine with tube and opamp rolling, but would like a second opinion.

Jul 14, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Check out the XDuoo TA-10R that you can use by itself or with the Atom amp as a tube pre-out:

https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-ta-10r-tube-headphone-dac-amp

If you really need hardware EQ or plan to add a balanced amp in the future, then also check out this Douk Audio T8 7-band EQ Pre-Amp with headphone out as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265886132434
Thanks for the recommendations, I don't plan on doing hardware EQ at least for the foreseeable future, but would be interested to learn more about your rec for the TA-10R- I haven't heard much about it before so don't know much, but could you tell me a bit more on why it's better than the LD1+? Apologies if it's common knowledge or I'm missing something, I'm fairly new to tubes so any tidbit would be appreciated.

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the recommendations, I don't plan on doing hardware EQ at least for the foreseeable future, but would be interested to learn more about your rec for the TA-10R- I haven't heard much about it before so don't know much, but could you tell me a bit more on why it's better than the LD1+? Apologies if it's common knowledge or I'm missing something, I'm fairly new to tubes so any tidbit would be appreciated.

A few obvious reasons on why the TA-10R on Drop is better than the Little Dot 1+ can be a better build quality, digital and analog inputs, balanced headphone output (although it is not fully balanced), and the Drop price is only $20 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back