Symphonium Crimson - Impressions and Reviews (The Next Standard)
Oct 10, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #273 of 445
And sharing the specs is the guaranty that's never happening because customer can compare.

If the next Crimson is just Amethyst without infos how can I deduce it's not the same hardware with a retune
and asking for the same price while costs are already absorbed by the previous gens?

Apple can hide the specs but behind we can still benchmark and compare hard numbers to justify the pricing.

You can not come and say it sound better. Put the money on the table first then listen later if we're right.

Looks like a failed marketing stunt they won't backtrack aleas sure engineers must have put hard work on it.

Oct 10, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #274 of 445
Only seems failed to like 3-4 people, because they've given the specs on how to power the iem and use it, but releasing driver configuration doesnt do anything other than satisfy people who believe driver configuration affects sound. Which it doesnt btw.

Oct 10, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #275 of 445
This thread is just the loud minority shouting into the void

Oct 10, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #279 of 445
Wow! Using Crimson for gaming on PS5 is a game-changer! It's incredible even when plugged into the DualSense!
IMG_7801.jpg

Oct 10, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #281 of 445
This is getting repetitive. Let's focus on the sound rather than repetitive and unfounded speculation.
I have had Helios OG, Helios SE, Crimson, Triton and Meteor, they all sound different and each of them have their strengths and weaknesses. What they all have in common (for me) is that I've enjoyed them all.
All I can hope for is that the Singapore boys keep up the fantastic work they have been doing, so I can happily keep funding them!

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #282 of 445
And sharing the specs is the guaranty that's never happening because customer can compare.

If the next Crimson is just Amethyst without infos how can I deduce it's not the same hardware with a retune
and asking for the same price while costs are already absorbed by the previous gens?

Apple can hide the specs but behind we can still benchmark and compare hard numbers to justify the pricing.

You can not come and say it sound better. Put the money on the table first then listen later if we're right.

Looks like a failed marketing stunt they won't backtrack aleas sure engineers must have put hard work on it.
I have stayed out of this debate on driver configuration disclosure, except for once where I tried to place myself in the shoes of a potential customer who has no chance to demo a unit. I bought one because I like its sound based on what I hear. Not based on what drivers are inside the Crimson. And I compared it to the MEST II that I own when making my purchase.

But you brought up an interesting point: it seems, from your posts, that a huge part of R&D is in driver configuration and tuning is only a minor part. Therefore, it implies the costs of R&D are also apportioned as such. Perhaps you could delve into that so that the argument for disclosure can be more cogent.

Personally, I've never viewed the issue in this light. Instead, I thought a good part of the effort, and therefore costs, in making an appealing sounding IEM is in its tuning. Afterall, it is the reason behind the non-disclosure in the first place. But I have almost zero knowledge in this.

Not here to flame or to continue this debate in a repetitive and non-productive manner. I am genuinely interested in your views on how costs are apportioned to configuration vs tuning in the development of an IEM.

Cheers

Oct 11, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #283 of 445
I have stayed out of this debate on driver configuration disclosure, except for once where I tried to place myself in the shoes of a potential customer who has no chance to demo a unit. I bought one because I like its sound based on what I hear. Not based on what drivers are inside the Crimson. And I compared it to the MEST II that I own when making my purchase.

But you brought up an interesting point: it seems, from your posts, that a huge part of R&D is in driver configuration and tuning is only a minor part. Therefore, it implies the costs of R&D are also apportioned as such. Perhaps you could delve into that so that the argument for disclosure can be more cogent.

Personally, I've never viewed the issue in this light. Instead, I thought a good part of the effort, and therefore costs, in making an appealing sounding IEM is in its tuning. Afterall, it is the reason behind the non-disclosure in the first place. But I have almost zero knowledge in this.

Not here to flame or to continue this debate in a repetitive and non-productive manner. I am genuinely interested in your views on how costs are apportioned to configuration vs tuning in the development of an IEM.

Cheers

I still don't believe configuration holds as much weight as it seems. For example, Sennheiser iems all use the same 7mm "TrueResponce" driver from the $150 ie200 all the way up to the $1800 ie900. If you wanted to make this case in the ie900 thread I could understand. But here, in this thread, it is splitting hairs. When you look at the perspective of the previous highest end Symphonium iem, the Helios, being $1100 which I've never heard but have not heard anyone mention the price being too high, plus the $200 cable the Crimson comes with, the cost is still much closer to the price in line with their other offerings than say the ie600 vs the ie900 at around $1200 difference.

Oct 11, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #285 of 445
It's all about transparency and integrity imo and I fully understand some people's desire who want to know exactly what they are buying and pay for it. Everything is disclosed nowadays starting from food, medicine, specs of electronics like cellphone or even your dac/amp setup as it should be. I don't want to be a part of this experiment because a company decides so. Imagine all companies in the world would behave exactly like symphonium and conduct this tiny mind bias game in the public. Of course, all the companies would claim that they have worked on the previous model hard and improved dramatically and to try it with your senses without bias.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back