The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 11, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #23,581 of 23,651
A few weeks have come and gone with U12t, followed by U4s, and finally Volür all in my collection.

Volür is incredible, but I have to say, U4s is an absolute BEAST for the price, especially open-box from various stores.

I paid $799 open-box from Headphones.com a few weeks ago, not expecting much. It was just a random Friday impulse buy out of curiosity. Headphones.com sent a brand new sealed U4s instead, but that wasn't even the best part. As soon as I heard U4s, I couldn't help but start smiling.

The warmth, bass, detail, and overall balance are just phenomenal, regardless of price. I prefer them over U12t, and that's really saying something because U12t is phenomenal.

Incredible value. I'm fairly new to IEMs, but over the past few months have added U12t, Volür, U4s, Kinera Nanna 2.0, Singularity, Noble Ronin, Monarch MK3, Mest MK2, and FiR Rn6.

Out of all these amazing IEMs, U4s still has a place in my collection.

Anyone thinking of trying their first 64Audio IEM, don't sleep on U4s.

Volür is easily my favorite at the moment, but U4s could easily be Volür's (not so) little brother.

That's a great collection in a short amount of time. I have heard the U4S, The Monarch Mk3, the Mest Mk2 and the Rn6 and still own the Volur. I owned the U4s and the Monarch but only demoed the other two.

The Volur is my favorite of those. I thought the closest competitor was the Rn6 but I still liked the Volur a bit more. I had the U4S for a few months. I thought they were amazing for the price as well. My only complaint was I felt there as a bit of clarity and separation missing in the mids which the Volur fixed. But for 799 that is a great deal.

What do you think of the Volur vs the Rn6 yourself?

May 11, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #23,582 of 23,651
the u4s is really excellent, it's quite under the radar, tried it once and ordered it immediately and never regret

volur is also one of the best from 64a, and one of the best in the iem world. it's addicting and hard to take it off once put on. one more song, to another, and time just past by. love mine.

yet my favorite is still the fourte OG. even more than the blanc. there is something about fourte OG vocals and clarity which is really2 special, and the whole presentation of sound is just so magic! it presents music just right on everything.

oh, and the comfort on 64audio's offerings are second to none.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #23,583 of 23,651
Yes, although in a one-IEM-only scenario, I would still have to vote for the U12t.
U12t, Tio, Fourte and Volür are all three safe bets in terms of detail, resolution, etc.. all depends what you are looking for sound-wise.
I have the first three (and tried the fourth but I do now own one) and despite of years of comparing I still cannot make my mind on which one is the best one.

The safer bed would be to have a chance to try them. If this is not the case, I would suggest considering U12t. There are very good reasons why it is a legendary IEM model and a standard tool for professional musicians.

If it can be of any help these are the curves of all four:

1715448348554.png

To note the similarity between the U12t and Volür:
1715448390144.png

May 11, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #23,584 of 23,651
I have the U12t's and Odin's. 64 Audio plays a "hat trick" by gutting the mid-range.which effects vocals especially womens

. If you like clear, crisp vocals up front and DD punchy bass then I would check out the Odins. When I take off the U12t's and go to the Odins with my SP3000 there is a big difference. In my opinion the Odin's kill the U12ts in all aspects but especially in the vocals and resolution not to mention DD bass. The're just so much more clear, clean and resolving.

May 11, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #23,585 of 23,651
That's a great collection in a short amount of time. I have heard the U4S, The Monarch Mk3, the Mest Mk2 and the Rn6 and still own the Volur. I owned the U4s and the Monarch but only demoed the other two.

The Volur is my favorite of those. I thought the closest competitor was the Rn6 but I still liked the Volur a bit more. I had the U4S for a few months. I thought they were amazing for the price as well. My only complaint was I felt there as a bit of clarity and separation missing in the mids which the Volur fixed. But for 799 that is a great deal.

What do you think of the Volur vs the Rn6 yourself?
I'm still trying to decide, but Volür and Rn6 are more similar than different. I prefer the out of your head immersiveness with Rn6, but I think Volür is a bit smoother overall, especially in the treble. Both are so good though, really splitting hairs. I'm honestly not sure which I'd recommend out of those two. Volür is 100% a TOTL performing IEM though.

May 11, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #23,586 of 23,651
the u4s is really excellent, it's quite under the radar, tried it once and ordered it immediately and never regret

volur is also one of the best from 64a, and one of the best in the iem world. it's addicting and hard to take it off once i put in on. one more song, to another, and time just past by. love mine.

yet my favorite is still the fourte OG. even more than the blanc. there is something about fourte OG vocals and clarity which is really2 special, and the whole presentation of sound is just so magic! it presents music just right on everything.

I'd agree with that. Volür seems like an endgame U4s in many ways. Lots of similarities in their overall sound signatures.

Haven't tried Fourtè, but definitely will at the next CanJam!

May 11, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #23,587 of 23,651
Just got a message from fedex saying i now owe £52
This is a message from FedEx. We’re shipping your package. To make sure it will be delivered quickly, please proceed with the payment of duties, taxes and fees.
All this is after paying $249.00 not including shipping just to glue the faceplates back on my u12t
anyone else in the uk get stuck with extras, not at all impressed
all in this is close to £300 just to glue faceplates

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #23,588 of 23,651
Just wanted to make a shout out for Volur and P6pro matching, I had a pleasure to try it at minidisc again, the two really pair well. The impressive depth of Volur really shows its self thanks to P6pro ability to let the IEM shine.

May 12, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #23,589 of 23,651
Just got a message from fedex saying i now owe £52
This is a message from FedEx. We’re shipping your package. To make sure it will be delivered quickly, please proceed with the payment of duties, taxes and fees.
All this is after paying $249.00 not including shipping just to glue the faceplates back on my u12t
anyone else in the uk get stuck with extras, not at all impressed
all in this is close to £300 just to glue faceplates
Call FedEx and tell them it’s a return for repair.
Maybe it’s different in the UK but there aren’t usually duties/taxes/fees on returns.

May 12, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #23,590 of 23,651
Call FedEx and tell them it’s a return for repair.
Maybe it’s different in the UK but there aren’t usually duties/taxes/fees on returns.
Duties are charged on the declared parcel value. If the declared value is $249 then, in the UK, there will be a charge of 20% + handling fees.
It is an unavoidable course, customs are mechanical extortion syndicates.

May 12, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #23,591 of 23,651
Duties are charged on the declared parcel value. If the declared value is $249 then, in the UK, there will be a charge of 20% + handling fees.
It is an unavoidable course, customs are mechanical extortion syndicates.
So one ends up paying duties etc twice on the same item? - since it was previously imported.
Yeah that’s ridiculous.

May 12, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #23,592 of 23,651
A few weeks have come and gone with U12t, followed by U4s, and finally Volür all in my collection.

Volür is incredible, but I have to say, U4s is an absolute BEAST for the price, especially open-box from various stores.

I paid $799 open-box from Headphones.com a few weeks ago, not expecting much. It was just a random Friday impulse buy out of curiosity. Headphones.com sent a brand new sealed U4s instead, but that wasn't even the best part. As soon as I heard U4s, I couldn't help but start smiling.

The warmth, bass, detail, and overall balance are just phenomenal, regardless of price. I prefer them over U12t, and that's really saying something because U12t is phenomenal.

Incredible value. I'm fairly new to IEMs, but over the past few months have added U12t, Volür, U4s, Kinera Nanna 2.0, Singularity, Noble Ronin, Monarch MK3, Mest MK2, and FiR Rn6.

Out of all these amazing IEMs, U4s still has a place in my collection.

Anyone thinking of trying their first 64Audio IEM, don't sleep on U4s.

Volür is easily my favorite at the moment, but U4s could easily be Volür's (not so) little brother.

volur is also one of the best from 64a, and one of the best in the iem world. it's addicting and hard to take it off once put on. one more song, to another, and time just past by. love mine.

Yeah, I agree that 64's mid-tier IEMs often go overlooked, which is a real shame. I rather liked U4s when I demoed it, but I already had U6t and I do prefer it's increased mid-bass warmth, and more relaxed upper mids vs U4s slightly more aggressive approach. Either way you cannot go wrong, they are both fantastic "gatekeeper" type IEMs at the ~$1k mark.

I'm still trying to decide, but Volür and Rn6 are more similar than different. I prefer the out of your head immersiveness with Rn6, but I think Volür is a bit smoother overall, especially in the treble. Both are so good though, really splitting hairs. I'm honestly not sure which I'd recommend out of those two. Volür is 100% a TOTL performing IEM though.
Tough call between those 2, however if you are sticking with universals, then I'd tend toward the Volur for it's better quality-of-life features with much easier to use APEX modules vs the micro-ATOM ones on the FiR, and much less sound-leakage with Volur vs the open bass port on the Rn6.

Taking CIEM into consideration however the Rn6 just might be the better choice. I know for sure that the custom Xe6 is much more coherent than the universal one, with its treble in particular feeling much more in-sync with the rest of the FR, and I suspect you'd find the same kind of difference with Rn6 custom vs uni.

May 12, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #23,593 of 23,651
Yes I totally agree, the Rn6 and Volur are much more similar than different, which is why it was the IEM that got the closest to the Volur for me, in the sense that, I think I could be just about as happy with the Rn6 for that sound signature direction the Volur lands in. Which to me is basically my go to all rounder IEM. I did like the Volur just slightly better, but that was as close as it got. I did hear more mid/upper treble presence on the Rn6 where the Volur has a dip, but I didn't necessarily like that better as it felt the slightest bit harsh, but it was limited listening. But it was excellent.

Either way, I would be really happy with either one.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back