The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 9, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #88,666 of 89,623
Anyway finally i receive my Feiwan what a beautiful engaging set musical yet technical. BUT!!! THE CABLE! OMG! Why such an expensive set include such lowly cable?! It is so microphonic and doesnt sound the best with Feiwan and boring design. Not fair for the price. Sorry for ranting i have to say it.
Looks like they tried to outdo themselves after the Jewel cable debacle, and they delivered! 🤣🤣

But very sad to hear, bro... 😕

drftr

May 9, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #88,667 of 89,623
How not to spoil what you have when you have reached a certain quality level. How to understand where the stop is and not to go further. Since this will not significantly improve the sound of the system. Surely many, to some extent, looking back on the lost path, said to themselves. I shouldn't have sold these headphones or player. I should have stopped there. I’m in such a moment now, everything is fine in the sound of the headphone setup. And I understand that it is unlikely that further investments will lead to a significant improvement in sound. And what do we mean by improvement? Well, the appearance will change. Well, you'll pay twice as much money. What's next? How to fight this upgrade itch?

May 9, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #88,669 of 89,623
Had good news from @Uncle Wilson of Jaben Singapore this afternoon. The Luxury & Precision E7 had landed!

I suspect for those waiting for the E7 they had pre-ordered, you should be receiving yours soon enough. :)

IMG_4536.jpeg
IMG_4539.jpeg
IMG_4541.jpeg
IMG_4545.jpeg

May 9, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #88,670 of 89,623
U12t has to be the most insane IEM in the business, in the sense that nobody seems to agree on how it actually sounds like.
Definitely seems that way! I'd like to briefly chime in on the very positive side. I've visited e-earphone in Tokyo easily 10+ times over the last couple of years, demoing many top IEMs mentioned here, both before and after I bought my pair of U12t. For me and the music I most often listen to they are the best (and not by a small margin), real exciting, absolutely musical and full o' soul. They just sound "right" to me, like if you're experimenting with different prescriptions of glasses or contacts and all seem a little off, and then one just clicks. When everything is in proportion and balanced for me that's exciting, as opposed to one part of the sound consistently jumping out. (Though I can see with certain genres that that might be preferred, and also get that other people may hear the U12t differently of course...) Eventually I settled on a 634 ears set as a second pair as they are excellent and provide a perfect contrast.

May 9, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #88,671 of 89,623
This has to be the best tonkotsu ramen I’ve ever had.

IMG_4406.jpeg

The broth has been perpetually cooking for 14 years since this place opened in Sydney, according to legend.
Hey I love a good ramen as much as the next guy but that broth color does not look appetizing 😅
I was late to the party, but damn this sounds goodphoto_2024-05-09_16-19-52.jpg
Love me my Softears Volume! I need to try their other models like the Studio 4 and Twilight.

May 9, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #88,672 of 89,623
How to fight this upgrade itch?
Delete HeadFi😂

During the 1.5 year gap I stayed away, I bought zero new gear. Since my relapse, the upgraditis is heavier than ever.

May 9, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #88,673 of 89,623
I was late to the party, but damn this sounds goodphoto_2024-05-09_16-19-52.jpg

I’ve nearly pulled the trigger on that so many times! I’ve heard nothing but good reports.

May 9, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #88,674 of 89,623
Day 2 with the DC-Elite and the only thing I miss about the RU7 is the weight. Need to get a longer USB-C cable!

I’m just floored with this dongle. Obviously I’m still deep in the honeymoon phase, but this thing is so good I really doubt I need to buy any other amp/dac unless I get a TOTL over ear… even then I’m not sure.

truly impressive stuff.

IMG_7612.jpeg

May 9, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #88,675 of 89,623
Definitely seems that way! I'd like to briefly chime in on the very positive side. I've visited e-earphone in Tokyo easily 10+ times over the last couple of years, demoing many top IEMs mentioned here, both before and after I bought my pair of U12t. For me and the music I most often listen to they are the best (and not by a small margin), real exciting, absolutely musical and full o' soul. They just sound "right" to me, like if you're experimenting with different prescriptions of glasses or contacts and all seem a little off, and then one just clicks. When everything is in proportion and balanced for me that's exciting, as opposed to one part of the sound consistently jumping out. (Though I can see with certain genres that that might be preferred, and also get that other people may hear the U12t differently of course...) Eventually I settled on a 634 ears set as a second pair as they are excellent and provide a perfect contrast.
It is very clear to me that the U12t is very busy above 15kHz and your impressions can be day and night depending of how far your hearing extends to.

May 9, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #88,676 of 89,623
For me on imaging and layering (or separation) the CP622B is currently the best I have heard, so im not surprised.

To bad the name and the shape (although the shape is perfect for me) hold it back.

This is why ranking lists shouldn't be taken seriously unless it's your own, and why I don't advertise or talk about my one anymore. I use it purely to track what I've heard, with my music, my preferences, my sources, my ear anatomy, my volume levels, my cables...

If it doesn't make sense to you or you don't agree with it, then maybe its best not to look at it to save you any confusion.

Which just emphasises 100% exactly what @Damz87 had to say. Ranking list are hugely subjective. The more I delve into the rabbit hole, the more I discover how my own impressions are the ones that matter. Most of the time you work out who trust. Just changing the source can drastically change the characteristics of other parts of the chain. And there are many confounders for differing opinions.

I had the 622b for a quick audition at Zepp today. These were my notes.

“622B with stock Socrates cable / SP3000. DAR off.
Eletech Baroque M/L tips.

Natural timbre. Rich, heavy notes. Smooth mids. Musical. BCD reverb + enveloping sound heavy ; I find it too much. Like a veil of sound in the mids. No treble peak. No unhappy peaks. Bass well controlled. Mid bass acceptable. Not too pronounced. Nothing like XE6”. I went on to comment that it may improve with source change or amping ; a better cable but that it was “congested”. Funny enough, when I was looking for the right word to describe why I asked for a cable change (I wanted something to open it up and had been auditioning Eletech Sonnet of Adam an hour previously) the rep came up with the word “congested” before I did.

Not something I associated with amazing layering and staging. Experience will tell me this may have been source specific as I trust Damz opinions.

*edit: came back to listen with the Hiby r8ii and rolled to Fusion 1. Much improved staging and technicality, less congested in the low end. And came away with a much improved impression*

Large shells with ridges and curves so may be anatomy specific. Recommend not to buy blind.

I really thought I would like it. And I didn’t. It deserves more time with different source pairings to see if my thoughts are consistent. Just like a restaurant review ; you don’t form a firm opinion just from one or two dishes on a single visit.

But I’ve had IEM’s I didn’t take to and then after a while, revisit them with a different source and they become a new favourite. Or others that fall out of favour.

I will however give Kudos to both Eric at Eletech for amazingly generous hospitality and time allowing me to audition the new Athens cables Euclid / Aristotle ; Raph ; OTL and SOA and all around good discussion. And my first ever visit to Zepp specifically to hear the 622B. Unfortunately they did not have 54E or 74E to audition, both of which are on my “possible purchase” shortlist.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #88,677 of 89,623
How not to spoil what you have when you have reached a certain quality level. How to understand where the stop is and not to go further.

As a reformed sneakerhead, I can say the pursuit never ends. Even if you do reach endgame, tomorrow another manufacturer will release something new and shiny. Once I stopped visiting sneaker forums and social media my sneaker buying slowed down considerably. I still look at sneakers every now and then and I remember that I should enjoy what I have now and that I can only wear one pair of shoes at a time.

…But here I am on Head Fi researching my next upgrade!

May 9, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #88,678 of 89,623
Okay, not sure about the like best, part.
A tremor of my anima.

I feel a sense of hope and compassion from it. No idea if that's what you were feeling at the time, but that's what I get from it. 🥰

I also can’t understand why nobody talks about the MAD24.

I don't talk about it because I haven't heard it. I would assume that is the main reason why others don't talk about it as well?

If the company feels it's way better than Storm but decides not to put any marketing into it and keep it a secret we should respect that.
That's because they don't rely on marketing. It's a really great IEM.

Well, best of luck to them then! :thumbsup:

May 9, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #88,680 of 89,623
Had good news from @Uncle Wilson of Jaben Singapore this afternoon. The Luxury & Precision E7 had landed!

I suspect for those waiting for the E7 they had pre-ordered, you should be receiving yours soon enough. :)

IMG_4536.jpegIMG_4539.jpegIMG_4541.jpegIMG_4545.jpeg
Could you report on the battery life of this device in real world scenario...I heard it is like 5-6 hrs only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back