TN - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Oct 15, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2022 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

kilkil

500+ Head-Fier
Tennessee - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want!
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time: Saturday October 15, 2022, 10:30am CT and will last all night.

About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I recommend exit 2 in KY, as before that, there are a lot more small curvy roads and you feel like you are driving in the country forever.

Parking: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold up to 4 cars. Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking is available on the grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Lodging: You are welcome to stay here. Hotels are about 30 mins away in Cookeville or Lebanon.

Food: Feel free to bring food to share.
Main menu: (to be updated as I make more decisions)
I'm thinking smoked Meatloaf for lunch.
Fresh Bread
Pizza in the evening

Beverage: Feel free to bring beverages to share,
There will be Whiskey, Rum, Cachaça, Tequila, Mezcal, Gin, Beer, and more.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

Anticipated Attendees: I'll update this section as I am aware.
Kilkil
Makiah S (HeadAmp Team) - may not make it
Jeweltopia +1
Walker
Austin
MLGrado

Misc:
Playlist that I usually use for evaluation: https://tidal.com/playlist/30b8e843-78ed-4c99-ac4e-83bca582e34b
The house is wheelchair friendly.

For Sale:
I don't want to turn this into a for sale meet, though I have extra equipment sitting around: Schiit Yggdrasil A2/Gen5, Chord Mojo, a pair of Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 (with NRT Tweeter) and stands, and a Rythmik F15 Direct Servo Sub.

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #2 of 40
We look forward to seeing every one again this year, as we get closer to October we’ll publish a gear list, there are some exciting new products on the horizon and we will do our best to have them present!

In the mean time, what would you guys like to hear? What are some products you guys are curious about, that we can ideally have on site for this meet?

Last edited:
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jun 21, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 40
Last October we had a Bricasti M21 inserted into my system and I fell in love with it.
I have finally convinced myself to spend the money and I now have a new addition to my main system. It is arriving tomorrow. I can't wait.

Edited: M21 is now here.

Is anyone interested in my Yggdrasil A2/Gen5 before I make an official for sale post?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 40
Damn I‘m going to be out of town on the 15th.

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 40
Aug 10, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 40
Ùnless something pops up to interfere I plan on coming. All you guy's gear trumps the heck out of mine, but will be a chance for me to experience much better stuff and decide if I want to move up to mid/summit-fi gear. Let you know later what I will bring in the way of gear and food. Anyone else from Knoxville area want to ride with me?

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 40
Sep 4, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 40
Uh oh. Have to rain check for the next meeting as I will be in Southern California October 12th through the 17th. Bummer. But I will definitely catch you guys on the next go round.

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #9 of 40
That is sad. Enjoy some good food, that is what I loved about my trips to CA. I used to travel about 40 weeks a year for work, mostly all over the US, I'm so glad my travel is down to about 2 trips a year.

Sep 7, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 40
Sep 30, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #12 of 40
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

There are a few changes in my system.
The biggest sound improvement being the new DAC, Bricasti M21. It is an excellent DAC with a built-in streamer. This leads to the next change, I'm now using Roon with a dedicated core. This makes it much easier to send music to the Bricasti directly. Roon has also optimized my office system.
The third change is Makiah really pushed CDs as recent meets, I finally found my old CD Player (Onix XCD88 with OPA637) and have this hooked up to the Dynahi and the Bricasti.
I did a brief test of comparing a FLAC file generated from a CD playing via Roon-Bricasti Network vs the same CD playing via optical to Bricasti. The sound was so close, though I think via Roon-Network was slightly better. I think this is mostly due to the fact the Network interface is the best sounding interface on this DAC.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #13 of 40
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
I wish I could join again...
Tom, your April 2022 meet was such a memorable event!!!

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #14 of 40
I wish I could join again...
Tom, your April 2022 meet was such a memorable event!!!
Zachik,
It is great that you enjoyed the meet. I'm happy to have you back anytime.

Oct 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #15 of 40
Last October we had a Bricasti M21 inserted into my system and I fell in love with it.
I have finally convinced myself to spend the money and I now have a new addition to my main system. It is arriving tomorrow. I can't wait.

Edited: M21 is now here.

Is anyone interested in my Yggdrasil A2/Gen5 before I make an official for sale post?
How is the depth and height of the stage of your M21 if you could kindly compare to M3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back