Two New Compact MTouch Portable Players – Shanling M0 Pro and M1s
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #33 of 83
I wonder if they would have an adapter to from 3.5mm TRRS to 4.4mm Balance?

Oct 21, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #34 of 83
Let's hope they don't hugely jack up the price over the older models. It's crazy how all the affordable DAPs, like the Q1 and M0, just disappeared while the pricey ones proliferated.
Whoever invented the dongle killed portable music players!

...technically it was Apple's dongle.

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #35 of 83
Great! Now we have three balanced 3.5mm standards!

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #37 of 83
Does the M1s have a line out?

EDIT: Oh okay, read the thread now. Eh, good enough. Line out mode on the M5s sounds fine. Clean n all that.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #38 of 83

I actually disagree to some extent , dongles are excellent and definitely have filled a gap for those who want to only carry there phone, I own ru6 so I'm definitely not a dongle hater. ... but the little players like mo are excellent simply because of battery drain which yes can be nominal but still draining your communication device, also sometimes having a big dongle which are usually the better models hanging out your pocket can be a bit of a pain depending on your activity. .
I like both for both of the reasons just stated , think both have there place in the market.

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #39 of 83

I used to have a dongle and a dap at the same time. I don't think a dongle can replace a dap. Dongles can provide better sq at the same price when comparing to a dap, but there are many who prefer having a dedicated device for music listening.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #40 of 83
I used to have a dongle and a dap at the same time. I don't think a dongle can replace a dap. Dongles can provide better sq at the same price when comparing to a dap, but there are many who prefer having a dedicated device for music listening.

The main problem of dedicated device like DAP is that they are obsolete even before their announcement.

Oct 23, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #41 of 83
The main problem of dedicated device like DAP is that they are obsolete even before their announcement.
Not if you listen to local FLAC files and stream the rest via bluetooth if necessary (like discovering new stuffs to buy). If the battery is easy to find and you are handy enough, you can also replace battery to improve tue longevity of the product.

Oct 23, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #42 of 83
FLAC and Bluetooth is perfect for such a compact DAP. It's basically made for on the go when you don't always have Wi-Fi for streaming

Oct 23, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #43 of 83
This whole forum is obsolete tbh. Imagine jumping through all these hoops just to listen to some music.

Oct 23, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #44 of 83
The main problem with dedicated device like DAP is that they are obsolete even before their announcement.
For my bedroom speakers, my audio chain is like Hiby R2/Shanling Q1- SMSL SK10MK2 - PA3S- Q acoustics 3020i. I can choose songs from my phone and enjoy lossless audio, and also stream from Spotify with Bluetooth. If it serves my purpose, it ain't obsolete to me.

FLAC and Bluetooth is perfect for such a compact DAP. It's basically made for on the go when you don't always have Wi-Fi for streaming
Exactly 😄

Oct 23, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #45 of 83
One thing that does interest me is the size of micro SD card that both can hold.

Card size is not the issue, both of them should in theory run fine with the potential 2TB cards.

But there is file limit set on our MTouch system, same on M0 Pro. Not yet sure if it will be same on M1s with its new platform, awaiting confirmation from software team.

Only way around file limit is if you use only folder browsing, that's in theory unlimited.

I wonder if they would have an adapter to from 3.5mm TRRS to 4.4mm Balance?

As mentioned in first post, M0 Pro will come with a balanced adapter for 4.4mm in packaging.

Also, the 3.5mm connectors is TRRRS, 5-pin.

Great! Now we have three balanced 3.5mm standards!

There are actually 4 standards if you count the Sony PHA-3/Pono.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back