New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #662 of 1,792
I had a large amount of rep and unique rep too.
I hope they can add that back.
It is FB likes now:disappointed:

The rep was a private un viewable thing unless you shared, which I never did but it was a source of personal pride.

I can't do anything besides post on threads. Anything else I do prompts a security warning asking me to go back, refresh and try again (with no success)

Is there something wrong with my account?

Can anyone help?

I am not getting that bro, not getting any security warnings myself. Maybe browser related? Some folks with mobile view have been stressing.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #663 of 1,792
I've read the tutorial about my "community profile" but was unable to find an answer to my question. Also, my question may sound silly but seriously, I'm not sure what the new format wants me to write when it asks for my "Status". Does the question refer to my personal status as in, married or single ? or what ? Hope someone can help out on this mostly because it's bugging me. Thank you. It'll take time for me personally to adjust to the new site but hey, chest la vie.
It's like a Twitter or Facebook public posting. You don't have to put anything there, or anything on your profile for that matter if you don't feel the need to.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #667 of 1,792
As previously confirmed all pics from FS forum have disappeared. Try to add another, it doesn't work. Are there any limitations to file size and format now?
It keeps giving an error message during upload of these.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #668 of 1,792
If any of the staff are reading this, I would like to know if there is a list of the possible parameters that one can input as a query string for searching. For instance, www.head-fi.org/f/search/member?user_id=xxxxxxx finds all posts by a particular user, and &content=thread narrows the results down to the threads that user had created. Or are those the only possible parameters at the moment?

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #669 of 1,792
Another small bug in the mobile Version:
When you've colntributed to a thread and are at subscribed forum page, while using the drop down menu your avatar will top the menu.
You also will be taken to your profile when clicking on it.

Screenshot_20170429-125703.png

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #670 of 1,792
............ Also, my question may sound silly but seriously, I'm not sure what the new format wants me to write when it asks for my "Status". ..........
I commented on that earlier and was wondering the same..."single"..."divorced".... then thought of "Noble Wizard" for some reason...But I now see"status" is no longer showing except on ones profile page....definitely a carry over from facebook though....

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #671 of 1,792
Another small bug in the mobile Version:
When you've colntributed to a thread and are at subscribed forum page, while using the drop down menu your avatar will top the menu.
You also will be taken to your profile when clicking on it.

That's because the z-index for the miniMe element (the tiny avatar) is higher than the navigation container (mobile menu). It has to be set high so that it appears in front of the larger avatar. But they should really set the mobile menu so that it's always in the foreground. I mentioned before that most of the buttons overlap it as well.

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #672 of 1,792
The redesigned UI is awful. I haven't been here long, and have been using just a limited portion of the site (for example, I don't trade or buy/sell) and yet this new UI has pushed me to the point of visiting Head-fi several times a day, to visiting once every few days. Yes, it's become that much of a chore.

Why?

• Head-fi is now Ad-fi.
  • Without an ad-blocker the site looks like a prelude to an epileptic attack.
  • Navigation and intuitiveness has gone down the drain.
  • Noble Audio.
  • Subscription updates in the upper right corner which were so clear and easy to use, are now the opposite.
  • Can't search threads.
  • Noble Audio.
  • Can't browse through thread photos.
  • Some smileys have been broken.
  • Noble Audio.
  • Intermittent login-in issues (seem to be mostly gone now, though).
  • Noble Audio.
  • Hifiman.
  • Noble Audio.
  • Russian Brides.
This is just a partial list, bur yeah... from a pleasure Head-fi had become pretty bad in regards to user experience, whereas my desire to peruse the forums has fallen down to a minimum.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #673 of 1,792
No sweat! I think lots of us are aware of all the bad things going on on a global level these days and that Head-Fi bugs are micro scaled issues compared to those. With some bad luck (for instance a North Korea escalation) we're lucky to have a thing like internet at all over time and unfortunatelly internet would turn out to be not even a primary necesitty in life when things start going wrong that badly. But I'm trying not to think about that all day as that would suck out all of the fun out of my current life and I also have small kids that deserve a happy/positive childhood.

Anyhow for the time being I (like many over here I guess) try to enjoy this hobby (music + gear) as much as possible and the HF site helps me with that. Any input on bugs and flaws will hopefully help getting this site back on the rails (like how it worked before) again.

I found nothing self righteous in your posts at all. A little perspective relief is welcome at times.
Sure the admins have problems now, but they are wholly self imposed and to be frank are going to escallate by trying to tune a live site.
First World Problems indeed. We need to buy million dollar headphones that really do no more than a 500 or 1000 buck headphone in order to drive up the overall prices in the marketplace because as Tyll points out getting people to pay more (in one of his old Beats reviews) allows the industry to prosper and make even more overpriced headphones. I for one am assuming the intention here is to create the first headphone billionaire who will no doubt follow Bill Gates example and divest himself of most of his fortune to help emerging countries implement educational and health care programs so they can go forth and create an economy in their land that will allow them to buy 10,000 headphone setups.

Being judgemental and or discriminate, while not en vogue in the PC besotted world of now are not always bad things.
How many times has a parent or teacher or employer told you to "Use your judgement". Similarly being indiscriminate is something we are taught to avoid pretty much since birth. It is what allows us to have values and hopefully be able to go through life assessing value of things in a manner beneficial to ourselves and others.

The psychological definition of value is "Something that alleviates an immediate NEED" or "Prevents a future negative influence".
Now for fun and laughs. Apply your judgemental and discriminatory skills to determine the actual Value of an ADvert infested information forum or a 5grand headphone.

Thanks for your kindness guys. I was expecting responses more along the likes of "yep, pretty much". I wasn't expecting any kind posts to be sent my way.

Also, thank you admins for working so hard to iron out the stubborn wrinkles that came with this new forum platform, and for the regular updates on your progress. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #675 of 1,792
snip) Another small bug in the mobile Version:
(snip)

That's because you need to slow down for them to catch up to you...... :L3000:
  • Head-fi is now Ad-fi.
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio.
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio.
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio.
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio.
  • Noble Audio
  • Noble Audio.
  • Unicorn tears and pixie dust
This is just a partial list, bur yeah... from a pleasure my stay on Head-fi had become so bad in an instant, where I my desire t peruse the forums has fallen down to a minimum.[/QUOTE]

FTFY :ksc75smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back