New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,786 of 1,792
I am trying to upload photos to a thread but am having problems. I click "Upload a File," select the photos from my hard drive, and then it looks like they are uploading. After selecting "Thumbnail," and "Save Changes," no pictures appear to be on the thread.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello @Liu Junyuan! What is the filesize, and what are the dimensions of the image you're trying to upload? If it's over 5000 pixels in height or width, that would most likely be the issue.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,787 of 1,792
Hello @Liu Junyuan! What is the filesize, and what are the dimensions of the image you're trying to upload? If it's over 5000 pixels in height or width, that would most likely be the issue.

Oh ok, that's why. Yes, they were taken with nice camera (ranging from 5 to 7 mb and 6K by 4K pixels). I appreciate your fast response!

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #1,788 of 1,792
Oh ok, that's why. Yes, they were taken with nice camera (ranging from 5 to 7 mb and 6K by 4K pixels). I appreciate your fast response!
Found out like you that even my phone created pictures with a file size over 5MB and couldn't upload them so I created a script in Photoshop to resize them automatically to 10" for the larger dimension and 150dpi which make them quite to upload but still have a decent quality image.

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,789 of 1,792
It is sad to say this, but ever since this forum update which was ages ago, I have hardly been using headfi. I was getting rather lost and confused when it got the new interface and I still am now. Trying to find the review section on certain products i am just finding a nightmare. I'm usually better off putting key words in bing or google and it then gets me there. I used to find everything easy here but I just don't seem to have got used to it yet.

I've recently been trying to find the pages with reviews of certain products. FiiO's E11k or now called A3. I remember many reviews being there years ago and being easy to access. When I've accessed the page by bing, i try typing the title of it into headfi's search box and it doesn't find it. I've only been able to find exactly where I'm wanting quickly by typing key words into a search engine outside this site. I had to do the same with the A5. Typing FiiO A5 on the site, or even fiio a5 review seems to bring you to a list of times it was mentioned in threads. That or people trying to sell them. However, typing Fiio A5 headfi in bing, top of the list is the reviews page. I spent simply ages looking for that a few days ago as I knew I'd seen it on the old headfi. Or maybe it was for the older E12a. But still, i struggle to understand why i find navigating around this site so difficult.

I just get the feeling that i may not be looking in the right place for things. I've never been good at getting used to new versions of anything. But I got along with the old headfi so well that i posted very frequently. But i find that i keep getting lost and irritated that i can't get on with it now that i hardly use it despite wanting to know things and help others.

Is there anything I'm not doing right? Do I need to do more specific searches? I never used to have to do it this way on headfi years ago. But i feel like I've been new to the site ever since it updated.

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #1,790 of 1,792
I often do the same thing you mention...search from google to find the appropriate Headfi thread. It's much easier and faster that way, especially if you are looking for reviews or impression threads rather than sale threads.

For example, I just did a specific search inside of the For sale source forum. I typed in 'Metrum' or 'Musette' and the first page of results for me were all from 2017. I would have sworn that last week I would have got the 2018 threads. Not sure what changes and causes the inconsistency with the searches. It was better before the new headfi rollout. I understand why the rollout needed to happen but the point is searches still need improvement. I'm only complaining a little bit because the site is free and still provides useful content.

It is sad to say this, but ever since this forum update which was ages ago, I have hardly been using headfi. I was getting rather lost and confused when it got the new interface and I still am now. Trying to find the review section on certain products i am just finding a nightmare. I'm usually better off putting key words in bing or google and it then gets me there. I used to find everything easy here but I just don't seem to have got used to it yet.

I've recently been trying to find the pages with reviews of certain products. FiiO's E11k or now called A3. I remember many reviews being there years ago and being easy to access. When I've accessed the page by bing, i try typing the title of it into headfi's search box and it doesn't find it. I've only been able to find exactly where I'm wanting quickly by typing key words into a search engine outside this site. I had to do the same with the A5. Typing FiiO A5 on the site, or even fiio a5 review seems to bring you to a list of times it was mentioned in threads. That or people trying to sell them. However, typing Fiio A5 headfi in bing, top of the list is the reviews page. I spent simply ages looking for that a few days ago as I knew I'd seen it on the old headfi. Or maybe it was for the older E12a. But still, i struggle to understand why i find navigating around this site so difficult.

I just get the feeling that i may not be looking in the right place for things. I've never been good at getting used to new versions of anything. But I got along with the old headfi so well that i posted very frequently. But i find that i keep getting lost and irritated that i can't get on with it now that i hardly use it despite wanting to know things and help others.

Is there anything I'm not doing right? Do I need to do more specific searches? I never used to have to do it this way on headfi years ago. But i feel like I've been new to the site ever since it updated.

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #1,791 of 1,792
I agree. The new site format is still not nearly as effective or intuitive as the old format, and I do believe that members familiar with the old site format still aren't posting as frequently because of it. Ever since the changeover, I've seen less activity in my subscribed threads. I figured things would slowly improve with the site and activity would return to normal, but it really doesn't seem that's happened. I was searching for an old gear review I left a while back, and wasn't able to find it. Let's just hope that HF gets back to its glory days eventually.

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #1,792 of 1,792
I agree. The new site format is still not nearly as effective or intuitive as the old format, and I do believe that members familiar with the old site format still aren't posting as frequently because of it. Ever since the changeover, I've seen less activity in my subscribed threads. I figured things would slowly improve with the site and activity would return to normal, but it really doesn't seem that's happened. I was searching for an old gear review I left a while back, and wasn't able to find it. Let's just hope that HF gets back to its glory days eventually.

I wasn't exactly trying to build up my posts to over 1000 on headfi, but I was very quickly getting there, but this update resulted in my hardly using it. I think I've barely done 30 posts since the update. Often did several a day before that. One reason was similar to what you said. At least 4 of my subscripted threads were in good use. Then since the update barely were used as if they were lost and difficult to access. Lots of them are on old equipment so that could be another reason. But it was pretty sudden that after the update, that was when their use went downhill massively. I've been trying to find several threads recently that I know exist. It used to be far easier to find old threads on the old headfi. I don't like complaining, but i find this version so difficult to find my way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back