☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Lifetime Warranty
Feb 1, 2016 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69
On the day that the Liquid Carbon was first conceived as a product, a wide variety of possible features were discussed.  Some of these features made it into the final Liquid Carbon design, others didn’t.

One of these possible features was a lifetime warranty.  However, since we had very little data on expected failure rates, there was no way for us to reasonably offer an extended warranty.  And so, the Liquid Carbon initially shipped with our standard 1-year warranty.

Over the past two months, we’ve been analyzing and cataloging the various issues associated with the Carbons that have been returned for servicing, and we now have pretty good idea of how robust they are, and how well they hold up under real-world usage conditions.

In short, we are now very confident that your Liquid Carbons will stand the test of time.  And so, the time has come to reactivate a long dormant feature…

Effective immediately, all original Liquid Carbon owners now enjoy a lifetime warranty for their Liquid Carbons!  
smile.gif

Since we don’t currently have any definite plans to produce another run of Carbons, some of you might be wondering why we’re doing this.  It can’t possibly be to sell more Carbons because no more Carbons exist to be sold.  To be honest, we don’t actually have a reason… except that we stand by each and every Liquid Carbon out there in your hands, and we stand by you.  For us, that’s reason enough.

-Warren

*Please note that “original Liquid Carbon owners” refers to the original purchasers of their Liquid Carbons, with valid receipts, and on-file with Cavalli Audio.  This terms of this updated warranty are identical to the initial 1-year warranty in every single way, with no loss of benefits or protection, differing only in an increased warranty period.  Thank you for choosing Cavalli Audio!

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 69
Only to original owners?  This is head-fi after all and many people buy just to audition then sell.  Sure would be nice if this warranty transferred.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 69
  Only to original owners?  This is head-fi after all and many people buy just to audition then sell.  Sure would be nice if this warranty transferred.

Crazy, right?! Plus some of us will have longer lifetimes than others how's that fair?

In all seriousness, a big thank you to the Cavalli team for this.  Pretty cool move, YMMV apparently.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 69

That's the easiest way to automatically extend the warranty, as we have original owners on file and don't have to create a separate registry.  In addition, our standard warranty is typically not automatically transferred to subsequent owners (as shown in the Liquid Carbon manual):

Warranties are not transferable unless pre-authorized in writing by Cavalli Audio. 

That said, I'd be happy to transfer warranties for y'all if you contact me to let me know who you purchased it from and what your serial number is.  You can email me anytime at warren@cavalliaudio.com.  
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 69
This is unprecedented and I feel much more confident being a proud LC owner! Great move and thanks to the Cavalli Audio team for this.

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 69

That said, I'd be happy to transfer warranties for y'all if you contact me to let me know who you purchased it from and what your serial number is.  You can email me anytime at warren@cavalliaudio.com.  
smile.gif

This. Just shows Cavalli Audio's top notch service.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #7 of 69

That's the easiest way to automatically extend the warranty, as we have original owners on file and don't have to create a separate registry.  In addition, our standard warranty is typically not automatically transferred to subsequent owners (as shown in the Liquid Carbon manual):

Warranties are not transferable unless pre-authorized in writing by Cavalli Audio. 

smile.gif

Say what??  I don't know that I've ever seen that offered before.  That's pretty awesome, Warren, thanks!  (Not that I have any plan of selling mine, but it's a great feature to have just in case!)

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #9 of 69
I'd only sell mine if I was moving up the Cavalli pecking order anyways.  But very reassuring indeed...

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #12 of 69
Wow that's simply amazing. It's little things like this that made me not question dropping $599 USD for an amp I've never heard before.

Thank you so much for this.
You guys truly are one of the best to buy from. Thanks again

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #13 of 69
Amazing!

Send an email to transfer the warranty to me. I was lucky enough to buy LC #00499 from someone who heard it - and decided to buy the Liquid Gold. Because the LC was that good. 

I can only confirm that....

It's a magical little thing.

Thanks a lot!!

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #15 of 69
Many thanks for offering a lifetime warranty, but I'm confident I'll never need to use it. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back