「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #117,196 of 177,747
Good thing I was away this past weekend. Reading through a few of the posts about the new shows lol. Anyway, other than the obvious Aldnoah and Tokyo Ghoul being awesome, though Ghoul needs less censorship, Barakamon and Nozaki-kun are pretty good as well. Nozaki-kun especially I thought was hilarious.

Now we just need Tokyo ESP and Terrorism: The Anime to air.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #117,197 of 177,747
  Pre Puberty: OVER THE DAYUUUM LINE

Post Puberty: Dayuyuuuuum, you fine gurl. 

Which one? Founding of a Republic

In Founding of a Republic, despite a lot of Western critics calling it propaganda considering it was funded by the government. It actually was a lot more neutral than the mass majority of American films on war. The nationalists in the film were protrayed quite diligently and without much 'evil'. Hell, the film actually put them in a well rounded light. Showing how much they were trying to save China that is, and how much it was they tried to fight for it etc. However, it obviously also showed of its mass executions of Communists and intolerance of other political parties to its own whereas it featured the CPC as more humble. However, despite this, Mao was shown to be multi-viewed and a very 'in the moment' guy who had much reliance on his comrades, was a bit angsty at times, and often times flawed.

Call it what you will. But The Founding of a Republic remains one of my favorite films on politics in Asia. 

It is not a full feature film around fictional events for the purpose of making a blockbuster, nor is it a full fledged documentary. It rather, chooses a line in the middle, and that is perfectly fine for me.

Excuse me, you expect puberty to hit me?

And if it hit me by now it would be a brick wall that would kill me in an instant.

It was called Bodyguards and Assassins or something.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #117,198 of 177,747
  Good thing I was away this past weekend. Reading through a few of the posts about the new shows lol. Anyway, other than the obvious Aldnoah and Tokyo Ghoul being awesome, though Ghoul needs less censorship, Barakamon and Nozaki-kun are pretty good as well. Nozaki-kun especially I thought was hilarious.

Now we just need Tokyo ESP and Terrorism: The Anime to air.

Gonna check out Nozaki kun later :)
  Excuse me, you expect puberty to hit me?

And if it hit me by now it would be a brick wall that would kill me in an instant.

It was called Bodyguards and Assassins or something.

Aww, different film. 

Pubertyy will come....sooon

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #117,199 of 177,747
  I have had my Galaxy S3 for roughly 2 years now and I haven't changed my good 'ol screen protector once. Still looks like the day I bought it.
Only dropped the phone like two times and nothing ever happened to it even though I only have one of these wooden cases/ shells or whatever you call them.

I'm using my phone like every other person, so I assume that I'm just not as clumsy :p

In the last 7 months, 6 customers dropped their S3 but didn't break the glass; only the super fragile Super AMOLED underneath it cracked so no image could be displayed. This has happened with S4 and Note 3 owners as well.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #117,204 of 177,747
Watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun

I .....like it 
wink_face.gif

Especially the part with
the dual riding bike....
lol

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #117,205 of 177,747

BCG, that's a game tracker right? Think I could go on IRC and complain that I lost my account and get in without an invite? XD

Well, I had to prove it of course. But it was by pasting the downtime notice e-mail. :p

Oh, that sounds super hard... -_-

Spending whole night sorting cds and loaded the (almost) full K-on collection into an armo box...
biggrin.gif

Only 7.62mm NATO? Not even 7.62 Russian? Lame. Should've gotten an ammo crate for 50 cal.

I have had my Galaxy S3 for roughly 2 years now and I haven't changed my good 'ol screen protector once. Still looks like the day I bought it.
Only dropped the phone like two times and nothing ever happened to it even though I only have one of these wooden cases/ shells or whatever you call them.

I'm using my phone like every other person, so I assume that I'm just not as clumsy :p

In the last 7 months, 6 customers dropped their S3 but didn't break the glass; only the super fragile Super AMOLED underneath it cracked so no image could be displayed. This has happened with S4 and Note 3 owners as well.

So how many people have broken their Nexus 4s over the two years it's been out? I've used mine for a year and knock on wood I haven't dropped it yet...

Soooo.... Would anyone in the US be interested in buying some Touhou doujin CDs from this guy? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/akibaoo-r/
If we get 10k worth of merchandise, we get 3000 yen off shipping. Currently I have 5500 yen or so worth of CDs and can't figure out what else to get, so...

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #117,206 of 177,747
  Due to a recent increase of awareness regarding unapproved chargers, I recently pulled these off the shelves where I work and pulled one apart, too. Man, those uninsulated pins are so flimsy. Barely any isolation between the high voltage and low voltage areas, too. Looks like the manufacturer designed this charger to be easily adaptable for different countries' plugs.

Wow! looks at that white line indicating the isolation barrier... It's paper thin!

So some electronics guy actually looked at this and thought this was okay......

And the solder mask (green paint on the PCB) is so crappy that you can see all the bare copper under it.... there's still some left on the copper on far left side.

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #117,207 of 177,747
How do you know if a connection is bad? I have a USB 3.0 hard drive and the wall wart it uses has interchangeable plugs for different regions. Its build quality also feels cheaper than cheap. T_T

If it feels lighter than it should, then it means the flyback transformer that it uses only meets the electrical demand of the adapter, but not necessarily safely.

Do you have a picture of it? I think I have a similar one that has tabs on both sides of the interchangeable plug.

It does indeed feel incredibly light.

There's nothing on any of the other sides of the wall wart.

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #117,208 of 177,747
In Korea and got 4 hours to waste...

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #117,210 of 177,747

So how many people have broken their Nexus 4s over the two years it's been out? I've used mine for a year and knock on wood I haven't dropped it yet...

I don't know how many, but this month there were at least 5 who came to the shop I work at to get it replaced.

Wow! looks at that white line indicating the isolation barrier... It's paper thin!

So some electronics guy actually looked at this and thought this was okay......

And the solder mask (green paint on the PCB) is so crappy that you can see all the bare copper under it.... there's still some left on the copper on far left side.

Yep.

Go find some AMOLEDs and start singing this then.

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back