「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #132,857 of 177,747
I bought a DX90 from a Japanese headfier and he had a buncha pop albums on the card. Distance was on there of course. It was nostalgic as **** listening to that and Deep River again (even if I don't particularly care for Japanese pop music anymore). I hadn't listened to either of those in about a decade. I still love "Distance" and "Final Distance" just cause they take me back to a particular point in my life

Nostalgic as **** is so right. The First Love has a very personal connection for me too so its just a cluster**** rush of memories and my past.
Yea, it's not even about jpop or not.

We do. I miss her voice and hopes she comes back. Right now I'm just happy I found Yasuda.

Mahouka's setting is well thought out, it's plot flows are fluid and there's not much fanservice. Granted the MC is just hugely OP, but that power, and the downsides that comes with it is part of the series itself. I just find it rather shallow that some nitpick at that one point instead of looking over the series as a whole, animation was top-notch, story didn't flop or slow down anywhere in those 26 episodes and it was consistent throughout the entire season. For execution alone, it stands head and shoulders above anything this season, even Barakamon, which had it's moments, but pacing was slow.

The explanation part is really annoying, especially the part where they tried to explain contained nuclear fusion "with magic".

The setting is pretty cool, and the concept is flushed out further as the series commences.

Unlike a certain series that had the usual "terrorists stole our nuclear bomb" cliche and just tried to run away with it with an indie-ish animation style and tons of explosions. The script could probably pass off as a Hollywood movie with a 100million budget someday.

I'm glad you posted the music video =)

Even if its not a show i would normally watch (and i don't give 26 episode shows a chance unless they are my type, just no time), i'm all about respect for a solid foundation. Execution will get you far and ZnT is a great example or that, but for me, it just leaves me kind of empty when the meat isn't there.

Aldnoah did the explanation thing with good balance IMO. Explains enough to make you feel confident in what is going to happen or what is happening, but not so much as to bore or ruin the excitement.

"terrorists stole our nuclear bomb" cliche and just tried to run away with it with an indie-ish animation style and tons of explosions. The script could probably pass off as a Hollywood 

And good luck out-doing True Lies.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #132,859 of 177,747
Nostalgic as **** is so right. The First Love has a very personal connection for me too so its just a cluster**** rush of memories and my past.
Yea, it's not even about jpop or not.

I'm glad you posted the music video =)

Even if its not a show i would normally watch (and i don't give 26 episode shows a chance unless they are my type, just no time), i'm all about respect for a solid foundation. Execution will get you far and ZnT is a great example or that, but for me, it just leaves me kind of empty when the meat isn't there.

Aldnoah did the explanation thing with good balance IMO. Explains enough to make you feel confident in what is going to happen or what is happening, but not so much as to bore or ruin the excitement.

And good luck out-doing True Lies.

There wasn't even any bones, there's just the watery broth with a few pieces of scraps when you stir it abit. Broth was good, but good broth alone does not a good dish make.

Considering the kind of action thrillers that gets gets made these days? I don't see why not.

... Not sure how to respond to that. Lol. That was one heck of a roller-coaster, this is.... Broth.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #132,860 of 177,747
Considering the kind of action thrillers that gets gets made these days? I don't see why not.

... Not sure how to respond to that. Lol. That was one heck of a roller-coaster, this is.... Broth.

Good point. Sigh.

Haha, thats what I mean. Good luck outdoing that cliched plot-line better than True Lies.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #132,864 of 177,747
First episode of F/SN Remake lives up to the hype! Can't wait for the next one!

As for that Seventh Servant thing you hear Archer say at the end for the preview on the next episode, did Kotomine reveal Gilgamesh that early? I don't remember the seventh servant thing from the original F/SN.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #132,866 of 177,747
Well I got KOed out of the tournament on the first round, literally. Little Mac landed 2 KO uppercuts on me. >.>

Ah well. That was still a really fun event and I got some Smash Bros swag as well.

Sounds like when I entered a 9-Ball tournament. :xf_eek:
I'm a streaky player =/

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #132,867 of 177,747
Well I got KOed out of the tournament on the first round, literally. Little Mac landed 2 KO uppercuts on me. >.>

Ah well. That was still a really fun event and I got some Smash Bros swag as well.

Getting swag is all that matters.

Oct 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #132,868 of 177,747
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3036532/wearables-week/the-problem-with-wearable-technology-according-to-blade-runner-designer-syd-m?fullsite

Really interesting interview with Sym Mead about wearable tech. He's a little... yeaaaa, but has a lot of experience to go on and is very well spoken.

Wouldn't be complete without some visual swag from his unique physical media based style:

The last one is blade runner concept art.

Oct 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #132,869 of 177,747
  First episode of F/SN Remake lives up to the hype! Can't wait for the next one!

As for that Seventh Servant thing you hear Archer say at the end for the preview on the next episode, did Kotomine reveal Gilgamesh that early? I don't remember the seventh servant thing from the original F/SN.

It was always there 
biggrin.gif

Idk if you've played through UBW or seen the movie, but it doesn't really refer to Gilgamesh (at least I don't think so). Caster summons her own servant of the assassin class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back