「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #90,167 of 177,747
*facepalm* at my web host.

They thought it was a smart descision to set emails default setting to 'auto bounce' so that it can not receive any incomming emails.....yeah, this works if you need that email address as a 'no-reply' type of address.....but as the main default option for emails?.........yep....

I still need to 'actually' design my site.

iWeb isn't robust enough for my site. The biggest problem with it, is its non adaptiveness to different resolutions etc etc and 'filling' the page.

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #90,168 of 177,747

UW usually had NVIDIA at the career fairs. I thought about going to their booth one day, but ended up doing something else. XD

Those companies and many more hire through our VT systems, they just arent here.

One of the companies I applied for today, If I get selected I would have to go to Seattle! 
gs1000.gif

Oh sweet! If you do end up coming over to Washington, maybe we can have Head-Fi and coffee meets at The Starbucks. :)

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #90,169 of 177,747
I can see why they think that. For really advanced stuff MATLAB is faster. I personally would prefer using a combination of Mathematica and C++, but it depends entirely on what kind of math you're doing and what you're used to.
Mathematica is pretty great for its user friendliness and intuitive coding, but it's also less fast for really complicated stuff -- not that you'll come across those sorta things in your undergraduate degree more than once or twice I think.

In Mathematica it looks much better in my opinion. Plus, you can customize a lot of things in the display, though not as much as I'd personally like. For example changing the fonts in display can only be done to a limited amount, and plot legends and axis labels have very few customization options in terms of style. But one thing that is great is that I can combine arbitrary graphics objects really easy (e.g. combining parametric plots with vector fields, adding random circles or points, combining plots with list plots (data plots))

Ahh that makes sense!

LOL now I want to switch to Mathematica just for the pretty graphs.... but then they're all using MATLAB.
I'll stick to MATLAB + Tikz/PGF. Now to figure out how to output data to a file in MATLAB...

I'm hitting a new kind of high low.

I've been working for 13 hours today. And when taking a break I feel like I'm being lazy. I feel bored immediately and feel like getting back to work, whereas while I'm working I'm not particularly enjoying it either.

Now I finally understand why they call workaholics 'workaholics'. I don't necessarily enjoy it, but I feel a dependency for it; it is an addiction of some sorts.

LOL that's how I always feel when working on a project I like :p
Yep, you're high.

Cirrus Logic representatives gave me some gear yo

LOL

This anime....wow.

It really is the funniest anime I've seen since....I started watching anime, I guess :D
The whole concept of cure girls talking about the most random schiit is just ingenious. Very very well executed!

Oh and I seriously like this ED. The vocals are surprisingly non-nervewrecking.

IKR? Joshiraku is awesome!
I've had to listen to the ED again the moment you brought it up :D

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #90,172 of 177,747
  Review of the AD900X is up if any one wants to read it, I did NOT burn it in how ever. Follow the link in my Sig to mah blog and read it up :D 

Goodness.
If you're doing a review, do it properly. I run mines in and use them on a near daily basis for at least 2-3 weeks before submitting anything as a "review". You merely inspected an out of the box unit.

Also the notion of plastic = bad is not a good habit to take; looks like Beyerdynamic has poisoned you.
Some designs put very little stress on the parts so even plastic (which comes in various quality levels) would hold up. Heck my old Sony headphone was all cheap plastic but the first and only part that broke was actually a rubber part. Still kicking after 10 years.

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #90,173 of 177,747
  Goodness.
If you're doing a review, do it properly. I run mines in and use them on a near daily basis for at least 2-3 weeks before submitting anything as a "review". You merely inspected an out of the box unit.

Also the notion of plastic = bad is not a good habit to take; looks like Beyerdynamic has poisoned you.
Some designs put very little stress on the parts so even plastic (which comes in various quality levels) would hold up. Heck my old Sony headphone was all cheap plastic but the first and only part that broke was actually a rubber part. Still kicking after 10 years.

Maybe so, and an out of box review is a bad way to go, but I found no glaringly BAD issues with the out of Box unit, the addage if it's not broke don't fix it applies here. It sounded very nice ouf of the Box but I do see your point. Still I like Beyer for it's build, it's not a posion is a spoiling. Beyer cans are just as cheap as ATH cans, they sound as good and are some how built better? Wait what... see my point there 

But I understand you about the need to burn in. Still I could hear the differeances immediatly between to two so It stands as is. It compared equally well with my DT 880 as well. If it found it to be lacking I would have bruned it in, but right out of the box it sounded very nice, it's flaws where easy to spot and consistent. I assume the only imrpovement it may have with burn in is maybe a more natural timbre, but I doubt the bass would loosen any, if anything maybe the mids would bloom a bit more, 

still if it's not broke why attempt to fix with a burn in

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #90,175 of 177,747
Yeah the Sony MDR-V series are pretty much all plastic except for the adjustable headband and those last for ages.

really

I've broke quite a few MDR V series headphones, in fact busted MDR Vs are what got me to head fi

Still I appreciate the feed back, but how did the review read, aside from the fact that you think it needed to burn in

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #90,178 of 177,747
Depending on the comparisons made with other smartphone cameras, I'd say yes.

That isn't a fair comparison though. 

The Z1 has Sony's latest and greatest sensor. Said sensor will probably make its way around to quite a few high end phones that may or may not handle the rest of the camera better than Sony has. Like recent iPhones use Sony's sensor and takes better pics than Sony's own phones using the same sensor. 

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #90,179 of 177,747
  Like Sony V6? 

I'm impressed. 

If it was MDRVx00 stuff I'm not surprised. They don't make them like they used to

Indeed I've got some OLD koss Plastic Cans that have lasted a while but I stand by the Beyer Build Quality. Thier DT Pro cans sell dirt cheap and are built BEYER tough, if they can do it why can't Sony and Audio Technica Do it, I mean even the K550 which was plastic had a better build to it. And the Sound Magic HP 100 while plsatic still has a nice tougher build to it. 

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #90,180 of 177,747

Maybe so, and an out of box review is a bad way to go, but I found no glaringly BAD issues with the out of Box unit, the addage if it's not broke don't fix it applies here. It sounded very nice ouf of the Box but I do see your point. Still I like Beyer for it's build, it's not a posion is a spoiling. Beyer cans are just as cheap as ATH cans, they sound as good and are some how built better? Wait what... see my point there 

But I understand you about the need to burn in. Still I could hear the differeances immediatly between to two so It stands as is. It compared equally well with my DT 880 as well. If it found it to be lacking I would have bruned it in, but right out of the box it sounded very nice, it's flaws where easy to spot and consistent. I assume the only imrpovement it may have with burn in is maybe a more natural timbre, but I doubt the bass would loosen any, if anything maybe the mids would bloom a bit more, 

still if it's not broke why attempt to fix with a burn in

It's just not representative of the sound, that's what. For a person to hear what you're hearing, he'd have to buy a few pair every other day. That's great for ATH but bad for everyone else.
Even if burn-in may be insignificant in whichever specific headphone. It may also be very different. Aside from the burn-in factor, it's also a matter of getting more familiar with it to have better depth of knowledge on what you're writing about. 5hrs with them (plus being a brand new pair) is not much credibility if anything.

As far as Beyer are just 'as cheap' and sound as good yet built better... over here the DT880 has a $100 premium over the AD900x, sound preference is subjective, and there's still build-quality vs. comfort to take into account. As far as comfort goes, that also varies from person to person.

Anyhow, doesn't seem like you're going to ever be convinced to put a bit more involvement in it so I'll give up this wild goose chase. I feel bad for Mr. Doris.
As for your review itself, might as well just point out that pointing out price/performance before going into the sound is thinking way ahead of itself. It doesn't feel right; use it as a conclusion type of thing instead. Oh and wigs. I'm sure you meat wings.

Yeah the Sony MDR-V series are pretty much all plastic except for the adjustable headband and those last for ages.

Though mine was the MDR-XD250. Those are flimsy as heck. Though because of the low clamp to begin with there wasn't any issues with plastic strain.

Why don't people give me free SSDs.

It's only him, don't feel sad.
Because we should all feel sad. Except him.
lol j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back