$100 dollar or less quality, sturdy IEMs or earbuds?
Nov 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sheepo

New Head-Fier
Hello! A couple weeks ago my third pair of apple earbuds in 2 months (although I was working out 2 times a week) and I decided to invest in some good quality earbuds, but I'm a student so I have a low budget. I just need good-sounding headphones (I'm no audiophile but I listen to music ALOT) which are fairly well built and are under 100 dollars, I don't need a mic or controls. I'm mainly going to be listening to them at home on my computer and in the car on my phone. I was looking at the klipsch s4i, but some of the reviews said they broke. I was also looking at an old audio technica model (I can't remember the name of it) but it didn't get great reviews either. Any ideas for these requirements? Thanks! Also, if there is a pair of on ear or over ear which were fit my requirements PERFECTLY I would consider, but I just don't like the feel of them much, and I don't want my music to leak out.

P.S. Do you also know of any really cheap, durable pairs I can use for working out? Thanks!
P.S.S. I listen to all different genres of music.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 6
I highly recommend the Brainwavz M2 and add on some Comply T-400 foam tips.

Total Costs:
Brainwavz M2 ( $65 )
T-400 Tips ( $15 for 3-pair )  I went with the medium size.

For working out just add on a shirt clip for the cables and the Brainwavz M2 will do just fine.

I own a pair really like them.  I gave them to Tyll Hertsens for review and measurement which he will post in the December update on Innerfidelity.com

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 6
The Panasonic HJE900, HSA Crystal, Turbine, EX510 and M4 are great buy under this budget with detailed soundquality.

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.S. Do you also know of any really cheap, durable pairs I can use for working out? Thanks!

Checkout the Meelectronics M6's, for ~$20 (earlier today they were on for ~$12 on Amazon) these little things are built like tanks.

Also, be sure to checkout these 2 threads which have provided me with a lot of valuable info:

Multi-IEM Review - 205 IEMs compared

Concise Multi-IEM Comparison

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 6
I disagree about the M6 being built super tough... I've had 2 pairs crap out after about 3-4 months each. I used them working out everyday though, so the wires surely got more stress than normal and sweat got inside. I didn't really care because they are so cheap to replace. For just general usage I would suggest the Shure SE215, I really love mine and these will last until I can afford a custom.

PS. using IEMs in the car is a good way to get in an accident

Users who are viewing this thread

Back