1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #526 of 567
Yup. Just tried them with the Spinfit CP155 I was using on the iSine. It's awesome. Really excellent balance that brings out the mids while keeping the sounstage and treble/bass extension on first impressions.

Edit: I have both medium and large. I prefer the large on these and generally am happy with the 12/13mm stock tips fwiw.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #527 of 567
I can’t remember what size the quads come with but I liked the tip size that came on the quad stock. I use medium comply and shure olives as well and the medium in the spinfit was comparable size wise. If you went up a size from what the quad came with from the factory then probably large.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #528 of 567
I almost feel like I need a large for my right ear and medium for my left actually. I’m going to order a set of the large to try it as I don’t get the same results in each ear. I guess some people have to do that? I’m going to try it out.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #529 of 567
It's really nothing like comparing the 650 to the 600. The original launch price of the re600s v2 was WAY higher. And their sound signatures are nothing alike. I compared the 650 with the 558 because they're in different product lines, designed differently, were segmented differently, and sound nothing alike. The only similarity is the "HD" in the front and basic aesthetic. If you haven't actually heard the re600s v2, then this comparison is moot to begin with.
LMAO the 600 and 650 are nothing alike.

Sure.

You probably burn in your flacs, too.

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #530 of 567
I can’t remember what size the quads come with but I liked the tip size that came on the quad stock. I use medium comply and shure olives as well and the medium in the spinfit was comparable size wise. If you went up a size from what the quad came with from the factory then probably large.

For me, the ones that came on the Quads seem to be the better fit.
The 12mm are a bit on the smaller size, but the 13mm are slightly too big...great seal, but feels a bit like I've got earplugs on and creates a slight "muffle" to the audio.

So based on this, would the medium spinfit be the correct size to order?

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #531 of 567
For me, the ones that came on the Quads seem to be the better fit.
The 12mm are a bit on the smaller size, but the 13mm are slightly too big...great seal, but feels a bit like I've got earplugs on and creates a slight "muffle" to the audio.

So based on this, would the medium spinfit be the correct size to order?

I feel the EXACT same way about the stock tips. Take this as a FWIW but I found the Medium CP-155 to be overly bassy however the large are absolutely perfect.

IMHO, best thing to do is order both and have peace of mind after trying both.

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #533 of 567
Question: Has anyone used the 1More Assistant app's Smart Burn-in feature...all 4 of them?
I've already finished the 1st of 4...12hrs and begun the 2nd of 4.
I have taken several breaks and listen to some actual music from time to time in between...just couldn't sit there and not do it.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #534 of 567
After a week of use, the right channel started cutting in and out... moving the cable seems to set it off and fix it.

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #536 of 567
Not sure, it doesn't feel loose, but when the cable is at the wrong angle, i lose sound.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #538 of 567
Spinfit CP155 ordered and received, medium and large.

Comparing the 1More stock tips with both Spinfit tips, I'm not sure which is the one that fits the best.
The stock tips are shallow compared to the Spinfit, which creates less of a seal. They seem to sound well balanced...not too much bass and smooth mids with a slight cut off in the highs.
The Medium Spinfits definitely goes deeper into the ear canal and has a better seal then the stock, but produce slightly more pronounced bass...mids and highs are about the same.
The Large Spinfits have the best seal. Bass has less impact than the others and mids are the same, but the highs are clearer. The sound has a wider soundstage.

Now the dilemma...
I can't seem to decide figure out which ones to use.
I've tried several types of genre of music and each one has it's pluses and minuses.
There is either too much or too little bass according to which Spinfit I use...the 1More tips work fine with pretty much all the types of audio and I just wished that they weren't so shallow and had a slightly better seal.

:triportsad:

Mar 24, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #540 of 567
Yup. I thought the large might be it. I put mine fairly deep into the ear to get the best results. Play with the insert depth and you’ll find your sweet spot.

Not sure if it's the audio from the LG V30, but the large Spinfit tips seems to be lacking bass...most of the low end has disappeared and only mids and highs are noticeable. The tight low end is now missing except if I turn the 1More Quads upside-down with the wire over the ears and then the bass is back. The issue is that it isn't that comfortable and with continues listening periods, the pressure starts to be noticed.
At this moment, I've gone back to the medium Spinfit tips and see if they will grow on me...worst comes to worst, I'll stick with the stock 1More tips.
If there was a tip that had the low end of the medium and the fit and clarity of the large...it would be perfect.
If that is the case, a set of each of the medium and large tips will be available for sale...still brand new. The ones I've tested with, I'll keep as back ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back