2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500
Dec 6, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #544 of 647
can you explain why? I cant actually get to listen to them in person where I live so I'm baseing the sq on other ppl's comments/reviews. From that list I can only find yamaha hs8 ( actually $800) and the focal xs book in stores near me.

Question is why not. The Airmotiv line is amazing, and it is heavily discounted right now. You can always send them back if you end up not liking them.

It would be better to get the Airmotiv 5S and pair it with a good quality subwoofer vs. the Airmotiv 6S. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #545 of 647
Question is why not. The Airmotiv line is amazing, and it is heavily discounted right now. You can always send them back if you end up not liking them.

It would be better to get the Airmotiv 5S and pair it with a good quality subwoofer vs. the Airmotiv 6S. 
thx for the comment. I'm actually reconsidering n thinking about getting airmotiv 5s right now due to table limitations. Which subwoofer do you think would pair well with them? Do you also think that the airmotiv line would compete and beat other competitors at this price point. They are also not in stock right now so I guess i'll wait.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #546 of 647
I've used the Focal XS book for quite some time, and I would recommend it for 2.0 speakers in your budget. If you're willing to be flexible with your budget, I also have used the original Emotiva Airmotiv 6's and they were much better than the Focals. The amplifier is much better inside the emotivas, and the ribbon transducers really reproduce great Highs 

The Focals also do have a bit of static noise from the amplifier which is noticeable if you're sitting right in front of them. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #547 of 647
Well I could get the emotiva airmotiv 6s cause its $399 a pair which works out to be $550aud. So the new versions would obviously only be an improvement over the originals? I believe it has one rca input on each speaker; one for the left and one for the right so ur standard red and white cables? Do you also know how much extra they charge for international shipping? Thanks man.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #549 of 647
Well I could get the emotiva airmotiv 6s cause its $399 a pair which works out to be $550aud. So the new versions would obviously only be an improvement over the originals? I believe it has one rca input on each speaker; one for the left and one for the right so ur standard red and white cables? Do you also know how much extra they charge for international shipping? Thanks man.

I would wait for the Airmotiv 5S to be back in stock. What improvement over the originals? The S denotes the newer line of monitors from Emotiva. Each monitor has an RCA and XLR input. I like the XLR to RCA cables better, but RCA to RCA would be fine. Shipping might be a lot so email or call Emotiva for info on that. If you were in America, you could get my speakers and subwoofer for $530.

How much do the JBL LSR305's cost in Australia? Might be a much better deal if you do not have to pay crazy shipping. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #550 of 647
Consider LSR305 or 308, they sound fantastic. Flat, cheap, and has a waveguide that makes a huge sweet spot.
Hey guys I am looking into buying a pair of powered speakers for around $500aud. Does anyone have experiences with these speakers:
Yamaha hs8
Emotiva Airmotiv 6s
Swan M200 mkiii
Which one would have the best sq out of this list and more recommendations are also welcome. Cheers

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #552 of 647
Damn yea those airmotivs will be to expensive to get shipped to australia. So now its between the jbl LSR305 ($449), the focal ex book ($499) and the swans m200 mk3 ($525).

I thought I'd already posted in this thread, but it appears I have not. 

I've got the JBL LSR305's hooked up to my PC and they are fantastic. Highly highly recommend them. I got mine from JB Hifi (with gift cards, yeah!) so you can find them locally fairly easily. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #553 of 647
I thought I'd already posted in this thread, but it appears I have not. 

I've got the JBL LSR305's hooked up to my PC and they are fantastic. Highly highly recommend them. I got mine from JB Hifi (with gift cards, yeah!) so you can find them locally fairly easily. 

Yea im looking at them for $449 from jbhifi. What is the sound like? From youtube they sound quite warm and bassy with as much clarity as I would like but they may have been fiddling with the bass knobs at the back. How do you connect the jbl speakers to each other tho and then to the computer?

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #555 of 647
What is the sound like? 

I'm not really one to go into details as I haven't heard too many monitors in this price range. I will say that I like them very much and haven't felt like I've had any issue with clarity at all. 

How do you connect the jbl speakers to each other tho and then to the computer?

I have an ASUS Essence STX sound card, and you can plug them straight into that, you don't need to connect them to each other. I do run them with a SVS SB-2000 sub though so I actually run them to a Drawmer MC2.1 Monitor Controller I got from a friend. However straight to a soundcard is fine for just the 2.0 speakers, if you don't have a soundcard you could always pick up a Schiit box or something.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back