2017 Audio Technica new flagship ATH-ADX5000
Aug 26, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #46 of 1,501
AT puts a lot of time and money into their product development. You'll be surprise how many products dont make it out of their research team. I now of three amps that did not make it.
For me 2000 USD isn't cheap but also it isn't quiet out there.

Not long ago a limited edition L3000 got sold for 698000 JPY, so they do keep their values.
http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail142871.html

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #47 of 1,501
You failed to calculate the cost of an electrostat amplifier onto the headphone cost. Hardly proving your point!

An amp and cable, should not change your sound characteristics!

L700 $1100 + 499.99 WOO WEE = 1600.00 .

And of course a amp and cables changes the sound characteristics !

L700 + woo wee + odac = amaze balls

And everything is less than $2000.00 and yes it sounds better than most if not all

So YES I proved my point again

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #48 of 1,501
L700 $1100 + 499.99 WOO WEE = 1600.00 .

And of course a amp and cables changes the sound characteristics !

L700 + woo wee + odac = amaze balls

And everything is less than $2000.00 and yes it sounds better than most if not all

So YES I proved my point again

Now add in the cost of a speaker amp connected to Woo Wee. There is a reason no one talks about the woo wee on stax threads. Its junk compared to other electrostatic amps. Amateur hour on this thread!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #49 of 1,501
Now add in the cost of a speaker amp connected to Woo Wee. There is a reason no one talks about the woo wee on stax threads. Its junk compared to other electrostatic amps. Amateur hour on this thread!

Are you serious?

Anyway you are missing the main point. How about this read page 14 on the Shangri-la JR page. Read the bold sentence line.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #53 of 1,501

The guy would prefer the Z1R it seems, video has some nice montages as usual for the Verge

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #55 of 1,501

The guy would prefer the Z1R it seems, video has some nice montages as usual for the Verge

Of course he'd prefer a closed back to an open when he's only listened to this open back on a noisy show room floor :/
That entire video would have been much better without any input from him, the montage and angles were nice to get to see

hopefully some real impressions will arrive shortly

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #57 of 1,501
Of course he'd prefer a closed back to an open when he's only listened to this open back on a noisy show room floor :/
That entire video would have been much better without any input from him, the montage and angles were nice to get to see

hopefully some real impressions will arrive shortly

tough audience. to be fair to the guy in the video, he did liken it to an unboxing video and qualified his first impressions in a noisy show environment accordingly. he also hoped to obtain a pair from audio-technica for an in-depth review.

i'll be interested in giving these an audition when they become available in my neck of the woods. i like the unfussy design, that they're light weight and have slender cables. these look very wearable and that's a quality i value in a headphone.

Sep 4, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #58 of 1,501
I hope that it's technicalities are somewhere between say HD 600 and HD 800.
Looks promising, specifically because of the impedance of 420ohms and the fact that tungsten even in the loudspeaker scene is rarely being used as a driver coating, let alone driver material for the entire driver.
If none of that matters, the Frequency Response which seems to be very smooth should attract a lot of folks.

Sep 4, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #59 of 1,501

Users who are viewing this thread

Back