$400 bucks. Need the most comfortable NC BT headphones around
Feb 28, 2018 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PixelSquish

Previously known as idiotekniques
for my fiance. She does not care as much about the nuances of sound quality, although I did impress her once by playing her some of her favorite music through my Schiit Bifrost and Burson Amp setup to my T90's but she is ultimately concerned with comfort first and SQ second.

I did convince her to go with a $200 pair of Senn headphones first but they squeezed her ears too much and weren't comfortable enough. So we went to the store and she settled on the Beats Studio 3 and Bose QC35 for comfort, ultimately picking out the Bose as being the winner. Problem is the Bose cans skip a lot, and it's a known issue. SHe is on her second pair of those.

What else should I be considering at that absolute max price point? Comfort, solid Bluetooth and good enough sound quality. Super duper noice cancelling is last on the list, but a nice to have.

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 8
I've tried every decent pair of noise cancelling headphones around $500. I currently have the HD1 Over-ears, because they sound the best and their noise canceling isn't too strong (you can turn it off or cup your hand over the ear to temporarily disable it), which I like. I previously owned the Sony 1000xm2 (I think that is what they are called) and I sold them. I sold them because they cancelled sound too well, they were a bit big, and the sound wasn't up to snuff...but I'm a sound snob. I think that the Bose are better in the sense that they are solid, have a small profile, let you adjust the level of noise cancelling. Given what you said I think that her only really good options are the QC35s and the Sony 1000xm2s, they are both good and she probably will like either...3 of my friends have the bose and have not had any skipping issues.

Good luck! If you want me to tell you about any other noise cancelling I'd be happy to.

Best,
Ben

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 8
I've tried every decent pair of noise cancelling headphones around $500. I currently have the HD1 Over-ears, because they sound the best and their noise canceling isn't too strong (you can turn it off or cup your hand over the ear to temporarily disable it), which I like. I previously owned the Sony 1000xm2 (I think that is what they are called) and I sold them. I sold them because they cancelled sound too well, they were a bit big, and the sound wasn't up to snuff...but I'm a sound snob. I think that the Bose are better in the sense that they are solid, have a small profile, let you adjust the level of noise cancelling. Given what you said I think that her only really good options are the QC35s and the Sony 1000xm2s, they are both good and she probably will like either...3 of my friends have the bose and have not had any skipping issues.

Good luck! If you want me to tell you about any other noise cancelling I'd be happy to.

Best,
Ben

Good info thanks! She did try on a pair of Sony's at Best Buy but they were too big for her. Comfy but even at the smallest setting they were a bit loose on her head. She has a small head being only 5'2" :) I don't remember the model number but they were in the $300 range.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 8
Darn. Yeah those are too damn big, decent headphones though.

Tough choice, man. The Bowers and Wilkins p7 sound good, I thought they were kinda uncomfortable and weird looking, but some people love the way they look.

At that price point i’d vote for the Bose.

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 8
Well she has the Bose and I put them on and they are indeed super duper comfy. The issue is they 'skip' once every few minutes or so. She is debating keeping them anyway hoping a firmware update will fix it. This only happens with her LG G6 phone but not on her Macbook. But the phone is what she wants to use them with mostly. Googling it, it shows up as a known issue with these cans.

Thanks for the feedback, any more would be appreciated

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 8
I think you should contact Bose about that. I’ve heard of them skipping, but no where near as much as you are describing.

May 6, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 8
I love my Sony WH1000XM2's and personally think they sound far better than the Bose QC35's. One brand which you might want to look at is 1More with their on-ear bluetooth model MK802. Definitely a really nice sounding pair of headphones but obviously fit is very much a personal thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back