8th Bi-Annual Danish Head-fi Meet - Pictures and Impressions
Mar 27, 2011 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

rasmushorn

Headphoneus Supremus
As soon as I have my pictures ready they will be posted here. I think we had a fine little minimeet yesterday.

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 17
popcorn.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #3 of 17
Yes it was a great meet with about 20 people. I'll be posting pictures within the next few days

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 17

Quote:
Since I was not able to participate this time, I'm also looking forward to see the pictures and read the impressions.

Especially regarding T1 and the A1
bigsmile_face.gif

The T1 is always a winner. I truly regret selling mine. I also once had the Beyerdynamic A1 amplifier but I had to sell it because I needed the money a few years ago. But hearing it again I was reminded of its fantastic sound. It is a very clean and neutral sounding amplifier and it drives 32 Ohm Grados and 600 Ohm T1's with the same power and authority. Seeing that the price is about 3000 DKK lower now than it was 4 years ago has made that amplifier a great buy for everyone looking for a good solid state performer. 

I will also post some pictures and more impressions in a few days. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 17
Hey
That was a fine meet. 
Good to hear some other gear. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I was very impressed by burning777´s Meier Concerto amp. 
It played well with Grado sr325I. 
And great with my HD800!
beyersmile.png

NC8000´s Rudistor amp did also also made a good impression on me.

But the biggest surprise that day, was the Hifiman headphones(dont remember the model).
I was stunned by those headphones.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 17
HE-4!!! 
L3000.gif

But remember they need a powerful amp.

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #10 of 17
And here are my pictures from the meet, sorry about the poorish quality but I only had my cell phone.

Thank you to the following
  1. Densen/HiFiFreaks for hosting the event, for setting up a Stax demo room and for supplying great sandwiches, snacks and drink
  2. TapeConnection for showing up with a big selection of Byeredynamics headphones
  3. Craig from Whiplash Audio for sending demo cables and for the Ultra micro dock as a raffle price
  4. Jack from HiSoundAudio for sending a Studio dap and Live premium earbuds for demo and raffle prizes
  5. Fang from Head-Direct for sending the HM-601, HM-602, RE-272 and HE-4 for demo

And the winnders of the raffle with their prizes : Whiplash TWag Ultra micro lod, HiSoundAudio Studio dap and HiSoundAudio Live premium earbuds

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #11 of 17
Nice to see you guys still having a great time and also getting some great rigs all together. On the other hand, like before, non of K1000 around, hmm, no love for them?
Hoping to read more impressions later...

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #13 of 17

There are a few K1000 rigs around in Denmark but none of the owners were able to attend this time

Quote:
Nice to see you guys still having a great time and also getting some great rigs all together. On the other hand, like before, non of K1000 around, hmm, no love for them?
Hoping to read more impressions later...

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #14 of 17

Always a nice experience attending a head-fi meet, and getting the opportunity to meet some fellow headphone nerds. A huge thank you to Hifi-freaks / Densen Denmark for hosting us for the 3rd time. As usual there were a lot of interesting head gear to listen to, and the hours passed on almost too fast. Here are some of my personal highlights:

The new Stax SR-407 sounded great, and was a clear step up from the SR-404, which I owned some years ago. But it also needs a dedicated electrostatic amplifier, which bumps up the total price quite noticeably.

I finally got to listen to the Sennheiser HD-800, and although it sounded nice, it was a bit too dry and bright for me. I actually prefer the HD 650 soundwise.

Tapeconnection the Danish distributor of Beyerdynamic also attended the meet, and I thoroughly enjoyed the T1 and DT990/600 ohm on the A1 amplifier...Great sound indeed! The Beyerdynamic headphones also worked like a charm on Burning777´s Meier Concerto. What a little cracker that amp is. Everything sounds good on it.

The biggest surprice for me however, was the Hifiman HE-4. What a natural sound that phone portrayed. Maybe a bit too bright for my liking, but nothing irritated my ears, and everything sounded like it was suppposed to. The sensitivity of this orthodynamic phone is rather low though, so I suspect that giving it a powerful amplifier like the Schiit Lyr (6 Watt), or even a speaker amplifier, will truly unleash it´s potential, and address the brightness of the phone at the same time.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #15 of 17
I have asked Fang about using a speaker amp for the HE-4 and his answer was "don't do it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back