AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 22, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #3,511 of 3,543
I am not surprised.

The NP is a jewel, one among many, and unfortunately I also think unique among all AuR models.

If Abel or anyone else got an NP (switch off) with a more powerful subbass, without modifying anything else about the sound of the original model (switch off), they would undoubtedly have the best IEM today.
I'm also waiting. NP is a masterpiece. Switch On fixes the low end, but male vocals suffer a little.

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #3,512 of 3,543
I'm also waiting. NP is a masterpiece. Switch On fixes the low end, but male vocals suffer a little.
For me NP switch on doesn't fix the low end, it affects too much to low mids (until 600 Hz).

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #3,514 of 3,543
So I heard back from Nicholas and alas it looks like they won't be getting to my warranty issue until mid May. Those Aehta orders are keeping them pretty busy by the looks of it
Wow unbelievable. Although I can't blame Aur for that but man, regardless though that's crazy. I've heard hisenior mega5est is a decent alternative to Ascension tho. I guess Aur is getting more popular each day, congrats to their success.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #3,516 of 3,543
1000003509.jpg
1000003506.jpg
1000003510.jpg
1000003508.jpg
1000003507.jpg

Hello.
I got into aur audio with AEHTA.
I haven't arrived yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Before that, I tried the EOH cable that arrived two days ago.

A good copper cable should be balanced, informative, quiet in the background, and organic in each band.
I think EOH is very good for the price in this regard.
The base is not too much, and each instrument's representation is natural, smooth and clear.

good job.
I want to quickly match with AEHTA as well.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #3,518 of 3,543
Anyone in Singapore game for a meet up this Sunday evening? I booked the events room at my condo. Beer, wine, chilli crab and talk IEMs.

Forgot to add. It'll be in Bedok. About 6 to 10 pm.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #3,519 of 3,543
Give Abel a break. He can't supply the world as a one-man-army at once. :sweat_smile: When did you sent your Ascension to them?
I sent it out on the 3rd but they didn't get delivered until a week ago. It was a bit unclear if mid May is when they think they can have any issue resolved by then or if that is when they will be able to actually get to it, in which case its likely I won't see the set until sometime in June. I got sets to hold me over until then though.

I've heard hisenior mega5est is a decent alternative to Ascension tho. I guess Aur is getting more popular each day, congrats to their success.
This one has really piqued my interest. It graphs pretty similar to the Storm which was an amazing listen.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #3,520 of 3,543
For me NP switch on doesn't fix the low end, it affects too much to low mids (until 600 Hz).
Well it does affect the lower midrange and still subbass does not rumble. It's a BA set.
But it's perfect for the right music: k-pop, j-pop/rock and metal are just wonderful

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #3,521 of 3,543
The whole subjective nature if IEM preference is a roller coaster !

As stated in a few recent posts I am appreciating the Neon Pro more after receiving the Ascension. The differences highlight the qualities of the Neon Pro and made me enjoy those qualities.

However, I listened with them all day yesterday while working from my home office and struggled with them on certain music, some songs came across a bit harsh.

At the end of the day I pulled out the Ascension and listened to a few tracks before knocking off. That comparison made me appreciate the qualities of the Ascension. What I perceive as their refinement over the Neon Pro immediately stood out to me again.

Both great sets and both have their place but I think in isolation, just listening with them and not comparing to anything else, I believe the Ascension is the technically more proficient and refined set of the two or at least the better all rounder with which one is likely to run into far fewer of those tracks that find you reaching for the next track button.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #3,522 of 3,543
Well it does affect the lower midrange and still subbass does not rumble. It's a BA set.
But it's perfect for the right music: k-pop, j-pop/rock and metal are just wonderful
Yes, that is the reason NP is my favorite. But with switch off 😁

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #3,523 of 3,543
I sent it out on the 3rd but they didn't get delivered until a week ago. It was a bit unclear if mid May is when they think they can have any issue resolved by then or if that is when they will be able to actually get to it, in which case its likely I won't see the set until sometime in June. I got sets to hold me over until then though.
It looks like you get your repair done faster than me. So why complaining? Just ask him again, if it's not clear when you can expect your IEMs back. Not fanboying, but I don't think other TOTL IEMs would get faster repair.

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #3,525 of 3,543
After recent discussion about Neon Pro bass I messed around with the switch again and once again concluded that I can’t do switch on because it messes with the lower vocal range too much for my taste.

However, I found that using the X-Bass on an iFi Go Bar or Gryphon gives the bottom end a very pleasing bit of extra weight. Very convenient EQ at the press of a button.

X-Bass added some nice weight at the low end but didn’t do anything to detract from the fast punchy mid bass on the metal tracks I used as part of my test listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back