A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #6,466 of 6,508
The Boxer - live cover by Naomi Priest & Saskia van Gerven in the Dutch theatershow "Sound of Silence".

Alison Krauss, Shawn Colvin, Jerry Douglas — The Boxer — Live

Nice, here's another alternative that surprised me! Draiman's voice is visceral!

Yet another awesome cover, David's delivery is spot on no matter what sings :wink:

Hope everyone has a "Bit 'O Fun" today:beerchug:

Nov 19, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #6,470 of 6,508
Jeff Wayne, Justin Hayward - Forever Autumn (Remastered - Official Audio)

"Forever Autumn" is a song originally composed by Jeff Wayne with lyrics written by Gary Osborne and Paul Vigrass, with recording done in 1972 for their album "Queues".

The version in this video is the most well-known one by Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues recorded in 1976 for the album "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds". The song reached #5 on the UK Singles Chart in August 1978.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #6,472 of 6,508
He’s one of the biggest treasures of my adopted state. However they are probably glad they did not have to play my home states Horns this year but will get a shot next year:grin:

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #6,474 of 6,508
Some music that Her Lightness picked this Christmas, from Irish singers that some of you might not have heard about.

Gilbert O'Sullivan - Christmas Song

Dana - It's gonna be a cold cold Christmas

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #6,475 of 6,508
An obvious one, but this one seems to be a special version, over played at the time but was such a classic song, whether you like it or not.

Johnny Mathis - When A Child Is Born (Official Audio)

Jan 7, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #6,477 of 6,508
Dana - All Kinds of Everything (Special Performance 1970)

Ice Dance music-swap to THE NEVER ENDING STORY by LIMAHL.

A tribute to a former Olympic figure skater who died aged 31 after a seven-vehicle crash in August 2023.

Alexandra Paul skating with her husband and skating partner Mitchell Islam.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #6,480 of 6,508
Samantha Sang & Barry Gibb ~ Emotion 1978

Samantha Sang. Born Cheryl Lau Sang in Melbourne, Australia, she also was known professionally as Cheryl Gray, the name she used to release her debut single "The Real Thing" in 1966.

Born on the Isle of Man, UK, to English parents, the Gibb brothers lived in Chorlton, Manchester, England, until the late 1950s. There, in 1955, they formed the skiffle/rock and roll group the Rattlesnakes. The family then moved to Redcliffe, in the Moreton Bay Region, Queensland, Australia, later to Cribb Island.

Yesterday I posted a few videos on Pam's - Love Song thread. Pam is one of very few women that I have noticed who posts regularly on HF.

The other being Mary @mbwilson111 who very sadly lost her husband Tom, who was also a very popular and active member on HF, due to the early wave of Covid 19.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/love-songs.902083/page-42#post-17951568

Users who are viewing this thread

Back