[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #241 of 266
The information is correct. If you stay on it - it adds about 20-30 minutes delay. I've been on it 3 nights in a row. THIS IS FOR PEOPLE COMING FROM THE EAST to the WEST. You will probably want to exit BEFORE 43rd avenue. It starts queuing up around there.

It says Eastbound, which means traveling in an Easterly direction, from the West. Those of us coming from the East valley will be traveling in a Westerly direction from the East.

The Westbound lanes were closed last weekend I believe.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #242 of 266
It says Eastbound, which means traveling in an Easterly direction, from the West. Those of us coming from the East valley will be traveling in a Westerly direction from the East.

Sorry for the brain fart. You are correct. I was on the I-10 this morning and it was Westbound that was shut down. They must be swapping over to the other side tonight.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #245 of 266

Well where the hotel is located, this shouldn't affect anyone then. That’s well past the hotel location

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #246 of 266
Sorry for the brain fart. You are correct. I was on the I-10 this morning and it was Westbound that was shut down. They must be swapping over to the other side tonight.

Either that or ADOT is Fulla Schiit! Has been known to happen. A lot. :sunglasses:

I just checked 511, and Westbound is closed tonight, but should open up at 5AM tomorrow.
I don't think I'll be coming that early. But ya' never know.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #247 of 266
Lets hope anyone planning to travel I-10 eastbound Saturday partied Friday night and will be sleeping it off Saturday morning!

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #248 of 266
I'll be running a little late tomorrow. I'll be receiving a package before 12 and I'll scoot out once I get it. A little surprise. :grin:

If anyone has a 4pin XLR to dual 2.5 TS headphone cable I could use that would be great. It should be the same type as Oppo, new Hifiman, and Elear? I believe.

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #249 of 266
*First, a tiny FYI- Drinks are allowed in the room, HOWEVER only if they are purchased directly from the hotel. I'm very sorry about this, but it seems that myself and @koover were mislead into believing we could bring our own drinks. There IS a FREE water cooler in the lobby, importantly*

Some more last-minute updates: more items have been added to the raffle prize pool! Grand prize (and first draw) is still the Jotunheim. Secondly, we will have the OG Schiit Fulla and Shure SE215, in gently, lightly, barely used, basically new condition from our own @funch . In addition, @BzzzzzT will once again be providing us with a very nicely hand-crafted headphone stand (this time with extra cable-holding utility).

Finally, I can confirm that the ZMF headphones will be the Auteur and Eikon!

It only keeps getting more exciting! Toooomooooorrooooowwwwww

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #250 of 266
*First, a tiny FYI- Drinks are allowed in the room, HOWEVER only if they are purchased directly from the hotel. I'm very sorry about this, but it seems that myself and @koover were mislead into believing we could bring our own drinks. There IS a FREE water cooler in the lobby, importantly*

Some more last-minute updates: more items have been added to the raffle prize pool! Grand prize (and first draw) is still the Jotunheim. Secondly, we will have the OG Schiit Fulla and Shure SE215, in gently, lightly, barely used, basically new condition from our own @funch . In addition, @BzzzzzT will once again be providing us with a very nicely hand-crafted headphone stand (this time with extra cable-holding utility).

Finally, I can confirm that the ZMF headphones will be the Auteur and Eikon!

It only keeps getting more exciting! Toooomooooorrooooowwwwww

Question of semantics - are we able to bring water jugs that hold the lobby water, or are all drinking vessels not allowed? :D Thanks!

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #251 of 266
Question of semantics - are we able to bring water jugs that hold the lobby water, or are all drinking vessels not allowed? :D Thanks!

I asked about bringing a Kcup machine and was politely told no and that it is hotel policy and they had kcups you can purchase at their kiosk by the desk “with their cups”...... so take that for what it’s worth.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #254 of 266
In past meets it was perfect to have bottled water available in the room. I assume there are opportunities at the venue to obtain drinks in open containers. An open container on a table with gear invites risk of an accident. I recall an accident occurred at CanJam a few years back when someone spilled a drink which destroyed a headphone.

In the interest of promoting safety for our equipment, I suggest we try to keep open containers off of any table with equipment.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #255 of 266
I'll be running a little late tomorrow. I'll be receiving a package before 12 and I'll scoot out once I get it. A little surprise. :grin:

If anyone has a 4pin XLR to dual 2.5 TS headphone cable I could use that would be great. It should be the same type as Oppo, new Hifiman, and Elear? I believe.

First of all, spill the beans, will ya'? I hate surprises already. (If you believe that, I have beachfront property in Gila Bend I'll sell ya').

Second, I have the pieces for just that cable. I'll try to whip one up tonight.

Update: The cable is done, although it's only 4 ft. long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back