A new start
Nov 16, 2013 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

alota

Headphoneus Supremus
recetly i bought one maxell dba 700 to use with my iphone.
i´m really surprised with the sound.
after a listening session with the iphone i used this iem with my laptop and foobar.
big surprise.
of course i know that is not a great sound but is a good sound for less Money.
for this reason i ordered one fiio e 17 to see the possibility of the iem´s world.
i had some top of the line headphones and after this first contact i believe that a good iem can be a viable alternative.
i don´t know anything about iem.
i know that mines have a dynamic driver and a balanced armature(i think for mid and high)
what is a balanced armature driver?.
i ask a little help: what is the best configuration?
only dynamic drivers, dynamic and balanced or just balanced(one, two, three, twenty :))???
thanks for your help

Nov 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 10
No one is going to be able to tell you the "best" cuz everyone has their own preferences and theres no right answer. Each has its own benefits. Dynamic drivers are know for their more viceral sound and abolity to move air, while balanced armature are generally know for accuracy. Of course it doesnt mean dynamics are inaccurate or that ba cant move air, its just traits that have been attached to each.

Multi ba have the benefit of covering a wider range or giving dividing the work up for each ba driver, but often have complaints about coherence

Theres also been new iems that are multi dynamic or hybrids.

Basically... There r so many possibilities out there... Tere no right answer

Nov 17, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 10
No one is going to be able to tell you the "best" cuz everyone has their own preferences and theres no right answer. Each has its own benefits. Dynamic drivers are know for their more viceral sound and abolity to move air, while balanced armature are generally know for accuracy. Of course it doesnt mean dynamics are inaccurate or that ba cant move air, its just traits that have been attached to each.

Multi ba have the benefit of covering a wider range or giving dividing the work up for each ba driver, but often have complaints about coherence

Theres also been new iems that are multi dynamic or hybrids.

Basically... There r so many possibilities out there... Tere no right answer

this is already a great help.
i´m completely ignorant about iems.
i subscribed the mega thread of iems that is very helpful.
but before is important to me a good perception of different types of iem

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 10
well hybrid dynamic + ba driver iems have been the rave lately. you can check some out.

some that come to mind:

T Peos H200
Aurisonics ASG-2
Rhapsodio RDB+
the ultra expensive Tralucent audio 1 Plus 2
Astrotec AX 60

just a few that comes to mind

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 10
  well hybrid dynamic + ba driver iems have been the rave lately. you can check some out.

some that come to mind:

T Peos H200
Aurisonics ASG-2
Rhapsodio RDB+
the ultra expensive Tralucent audio 1 Plus 2
Astrotec AX 60

just a few that comes to mind

thanks for your help.
it is possible that the balanced armature sound signature is nearest to the ortho or electrostatic signature sound?
my iem is hybrid and i´m happy but  i´m conscious that the market offers better products.
in any case my maximum budget will be around 350-500€
i will see the headphones that you´ve recommended

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #9 of 10
from what ive heard it seems planar magnetics are close. I wouldnt be certain. that's not something im that familiar with

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #10 of 10
  from what ive heard it seems planar magnetics are close. I wouldnt be certain. that's not something im that familiar with

interesting
i will have many things to study
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back