A nightmare?
Jun 2, 2011 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

djjhin

New Head-Fier
Let my friend wear my HD280s and he said,

"They don't sound good because they don't look cool like beats.."  THAT was a shame.  Perhaps I need decked out gold headphones.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 14
I don't see why people take such offense to people liking beats. I'm not justifying them, but not everyone is an audiophile. Perhaps to him the looks of the headphone is much more clear than the difference in sound. Nothing is wrong with skullcandy, ibuds, and beats, the important thing is delivering the audio from the source to your ears!

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 14
I don't see why people take such offense to people liking beats. I'm not justifying them, but not everyone is an audiophile. Perhaps to him the looks of the headphone is much more clear than the difference in sound. Nothing is wrong with skullcandy, ibuds, and beats, the important thing is delivering the audio from the source to your ears!

I can't agree with nothing being wrong with them, but some people like them. Skullcandy has bad build quality, Beats have bad prices, and iBuds have no consideration for others (I can hear everything you're listening to... and they're not big open cans)

So by saying appearance has to do with SQ is annoying, but honestly, let them enjoy feeding the Monster's insane price tags, and let us enjoy our ugly Grados, Ultrasones, and Sennheisers (yep, I think they're all ugly, deal with it),

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
"They don't sound good because they don't look cool..." 

Seems like solid logic to me.

popcorn.gif

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Totally agree, Gubretti. Too many people here pass off their opinion as fact. I don't like Beats, but I don't go and look down on people that do. This thread is exactly the same as every other Beats bashing thread. If other people think Beats are worth it, then to them the price isn't bad. Also, good sound is totally subjective - you may think that they sound "bad" and that people are only buying them for the brand, but what if they think Beats sound good?

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
 but what if they think Beats sound good?

then they havent heard real bass monsters like q40s. i agree about letting people like what they want for whatever reason they think though

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
then they havent heard real bass monsters like q40s. i agree about letting people like what they want for whatever reason they think though

That's the same mentality as most other people that blindly bash Beats, though. Just because you prefer something else, it doesn't mean they will. You never know, they might have tried a lot of alternatives and found that they preferred Beats.

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 14
im not sure how or why youd think that beats would be a better sounding alternative, but will concede that its up to the individual

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
im not sure how or why youd think that beats would be a better sounding alternative, but will concede that its up to the individual

I don't really like how they sound, personally. But other people do, and on this forum they get looked down on for having this view. It's like telling someone they're wrong for having a particular favourite food, and that your favourite food is better. I just don't like all the opinions on this board getting passed off as fact. One man's "bass heavy" is another man's "bass light", for example.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, I don't like how they sound and I wouldn't buy them. Thanks for getting my point though :).

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 14
To sum this and all other bashing threads, if you don't like something DON'T BUY IT!

To sum up this and all other angry people unwilling to deal with things they don't like reading on the forum, if you don't want to see it, DON'T READ FORUMS!

Don't get so annoyed and rant, it just angers others, like me, who would rather see a rant than people starting another rant bashing them for ranting. Sadly, I'm doing exactly what I don't want to do by telling you this, but honestly, let it be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back