A noob needs some help and suggestions for soundcards to supplement my HD598's
Jun 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mattslaughing

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new here, this is my first post, and I know barely anything about soundcards and computer audio. I've had pretty cruddy headphones for a while, never really bothered getting any good audio equipment. So I've had pretty average audio equipment for the entire time I've been using my PC's. Now I want higher grade sound quality that will be good for gaming and my music(mostly trance). I was getting sick of it and thought it was about time to get some good headphones and etc, so I got some HD598's, seemed like a safe bet for gaming and music from my research, but I did hear the bass was slightly weak. I ordered them not long ago, and they are on their way now. About time I treated myself to some good audio. I also considered the GT990, ad700 and the x1, along with a few others.

Now, I've heard that sound cards provide better surround sound, so I'm considering buying some. But first I have a few questions. Will a sound card make much of a difference? If so, what difference does it make to the sound? Will the HD598's have untapped potential without a soundcard? And if the soundcard is important enough, what soundcard could you recommend for these headphones? Keep in mind, I don't want to break the bank, so a soundcard with the most bang for your buck would be the best. I've also heard about amps, but I wouldn't have a clue if that is needed either.

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob.

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 2
Sound Blaster Z sound card, $85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back