A question about amp changing sound
May 31, 2014 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

shak85

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I m new to portable amps and i have a question. An amp basically amplifies the volume without distorting it . I have hippo vb which are basically for bassheads. Is it possible when connected to an amp to make the bass less impactful? I mean can an amp change the sound of hippo vb to produce less bass.

My logic says no because it amplifies the sound of hippo vb and can't change its sound signature. I m referring to amps with no bass boost (pa2v2).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 4
If you want less bass from your headphones, adding an amplifier is not the way to do it.

The two best ways to do it are:
1: adding an equalizer (or using the one you may already have), and using it to reduce the bass;
2. getting different headphones which have the amount of bass you like.

May 31, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 4
  If you want less bass from your headphones, adding an amplifier is not the way to do it.

1: adding an equalizer (or using the one you may already have), and using it to reduce the bass;

yup, in theory a good amp without a "bass boost" should also improve the bass a smidge, and by a smidge I mean giving your headphones better bass 

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 4

yup, in theory a good amp without a "bass boost" should also improve the bass a smidge, and by a smidge I mean giving your headphones better bass 

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify i was asking because i likey bass as it is and wouldnt want the amp to lower it (pa2v2) to get more neutral sound :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back