A1 Headphone AMP YS-A1 Upgrades Mod suggestions
Sep 13, 2012 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

smoothlondoner

Head-Fier
Hi I currently have a YS-A1 Headphone AMP which is a Beyerdynamic copy the link for it is below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Finished-High-quality-YS-A1-Headphone-AMP-Amplifier-with-full-aluminum-chassis-/120923229333?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item1c27960c95#ht_3774wt_1163

I'm looking may be to makes some mods & would be grateful for suggetions

I'm Using it with Beyerdynamics T1 headphones fed by a Cyrus Audio DACX+ with external Cyrus power supply.
I wondered would there be An advantage in using the balanced XLR outputs from the cyrus?
Problem being the amp only has RCA phono inputs.
Would it be worth obtaining some type of Balanced xlr input mod?
Or would I get improvement from just making up a cable xlr to phono with an earth wire from the 3rd pin to the Amp chassis?
I have the same problem on My avi s21 intergrated amp.....
Bit new to this modding  so help sorely needed.
Also considering upgrading DAC Maybe a audio G reference 7.1 or nfb 9.2.
They seem to suggest on there sight that the DAC would be wasted on RCA inputs :/
Cheers Folks

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will be along soon, but I just wanted to suggest that

"Or would I get improvement from just making up a cable xlr to phono with an earth wire from the 3rd pin to the Amp chassis?"

this would still be sharing a common ground? So there would be no advantage at all? Or am I missing something?

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 4
Beats Me!
That's why I'm on here lol.
So I guess what your saying is that if the earth is retained in the balanced circuit both ends benefits may be gained.
Bit just earthing it as you would a turntable would provide no improvement.
Is that about right?
I rang cyrus and there xlr output is actually earthed to the chassis & has twice the out put voltage so I was wondering if I may benefit from using it sound quality wise.
What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back