About HiFiMAN svanar cables
Mar 26, 2023 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Taka0302

New Head-Fier
I purchased a HiFiMAN svanar and am very happy with it. However, I have one complaint.
The base of the 2-pin connector of the cable on the market is a bit wide and does not fit snavar.
If you know of a cable manufacturer that fits snavar, please let me know.

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 14
I tried the Svanar with an Effect Audio cable the other day so any cable from that company should works.

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 14
Just be sure is not 2 pin flat.

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 14
I tried the Svanar with an Effect Audio cable the other day so any cable from that company should works.
I tried with effect audio Eros II (ConX 2pin) but it is too big (wide) to fit on svanar. It does not work for svanar.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 14
HiFiMAN Japan informed me that there was a problem with the initial lot of Svanar. There was an offer to exchange Svanar for the current lot. I will try the cable when the replacement arrives.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #8 of 14
HiFiMAN Japan informed me that there was a problem with the initial lot of Svanar. There was an offer to exchange Svanar for the current lot. I will try the cable when the replacement arrives.
Did you ever get a replacement? Did it help for cable fit?
Asking because I just bought a new cable for my Svanar and it did not fit.

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #9 of 14
Did you ever get a replacement? Did it help for cable fit?
Asking because I just bought a new cable for my Svanar and it did not fit.
I contacted HifiMAN directly and he said that some of the early batches had defective svanar connectors. As a result, he replaced Svanar for free. (within the warranty period)

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 14
I contacted HifiMAN directly and he said that some of the early batches had defective svanar connectors. As a result, he replaced Svanar for free. (within the warranty period)

I contacted Hifiman Japan, and at first they replaced my cable, which was nice of them because it is always nice to have extra cables (there were language translation issues), and then when I clarified that it was the casing of the IEM itself that I needed, they responded that there was never any change to the size of the connector, so there was no need to replace.

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #11 of 14
I sent the attached document to HiFiMAN Japan and explained the Svanar connector (sorry for the Japanese document). I explained that the Svanar connector width is small, so a regular 2-pin cable cannot be inserted. I hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• HiFiMAN Svanar.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #12 of 14
I sent the attached document to HiFiMAN Japan and explained the Svanar connector (sorry for the Japanese document). I explained that the Svanar connector width is small, so a regular 2-pin cable cannot be inserted. I hope this is helpful.

Brilliant!

Please let me know if you get any response from them.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #14 of 14
After looking at this document, they acknowledged the connector defect in the early batches of Svanar and replaced my Svanar free of charge.
Oh that was the one you sent them to get your replacement. Okay I will do the same then, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back