Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Mar 6, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #1,561 of 2,162
Is there a way for Roon to see the ARM2 as an endpoint?

Mar 6, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #1,562 of 2,162
Mmm sat down to listen to some music for the first time since rooting etc... no sound. The M2 Music Player Pro local songs don't move past 0 seconds. Tidal plays but there is no sound. What am I missing here?

Mar 6, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #1,564 of 2,162
Try a reboot, not had that before. I dont use tidal and not a roon user so not sure what its capable of.
Rebooted a few times. The odd thing is that the M2 Music Player doesn't play songs. They sit at 0 seconds. Tidal plays but there's no sound. I'll keep troubleshooting.

Mar 6, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #1,565 of 2,162
Did you do anything else after following root and google play ? You can always factory reset and/or reflash the firmware, speaking of firmware are you on the latest ?

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #1,566 of 2,162
Did you do anything else after following root and google play ? You can always factory reset and/or reflash the firmware, speaking of firmware are you on the latest ?
Nope just followed the steps, BusyBox, Viper, Exposed etc. And yep, latest firmware.

Just reflashed the stock firmware and it's working again... @Nayparm if you have time to check out getting the Roon app to work, I'd be eternally grateful !

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #1,567 of 2,162
Nope just followed the steps, BusyBox, Viper, Exposed etc. And yep, latest firmware.

Just reflashed the stock firmware and it's working again... @Nayparm if you have time to check out getting the Roon app to work, I'd be eternally grateful !

No idea what happened then pal. As you can imiganine I've done it fair few times on several devices.

Mar 7, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #1,568 of 2,162
No idea what happened then pal. As you can imiganine I've done it fair few times on several devices.
I tried to follow your steps and I got stuck at BusyBox, it says that some settings don't let the app work. It would be great if you could make a video with the steps that need to be done, that way even people like me that are not so familiar with android can install all this stuff. It would be greatly appreciated. I know you don't have the time to focus only on this, but the man can hope. Keep up the good work

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #1,569 of 2,162
Yeah I read up, I'm sure the issue is on my end. I'll mess around again soon, I'm pretty familiar with rooting. For now, I'm just reveling in the supreme SQ.

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #1,570 of 2,162
I tried to follow your steps and I got stuck at BusyBox, it says that some settings don't let the app work. It would be great if you could make a video with the steps that need to be done, that way even people like me that are not so familiar with android can install all this stuff. It would be greatly appreciated. I know you don't have the time to focus only on this, but the man can hope. Keep up the good work
The BusyBox bit can be confusing because of all the check boxes. Basically, let it load up and then click install (bottom left). Once installed you will get a pop-up box confirming it's successful. Then you can close it and move on. Pretty straight forward once you know the above.

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #1,571 of 2,162
I installed the app but when I tried using it but I have a notification saying some settings that I have don't let the app work

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #1,573 of 2,162
Yes, that is what I got

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #1,574 of 2,162
Ah ok, it's not rooted then, once you install Kingo-root you need to run it, tap the screen and wait for it to complete rooting (takes a while trying all the exploits) after the reboot install busybox and run it and hit install at the bottom left.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #1,575 of 2,162
Ah ok, it's not rooted then, once you install Kingo-root you need to run it, tap the screen and wait for it to complete rooting (takes a while trying all the exploits) after the reboot install busybox and run it and hit install at the bottom left.
Thank you, I will try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back