Acoustune HS2000MX Flagship Model
Oct 29, 2021 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

ranfan

Headphoneus Supremus
Releasing in Japan, November 2021, The HS2000MX (SHO) is Acoustune newest flagship model sporting a single dynamic driver and modular chamber design

sho_main.jpg
https://www.aiuto-jp.co.jp/products/product_3683.php

HS2000_4.jpg

「笙」'Sho' is a wind instrument made of bamboo pipes used in gagaku (traditional Japanese music). It is a beautiful musical instrument, and its tone is said to represent heavenly light

HS2000_6.jpg
HS2000_7.jpg
HS2000_9.jpg

features

duralumin chamber

CNC machined duralumin is used as the chamber material to maximize driver response. It has the highest strength of all aluminum alloys. Tensile strength and hardness are similar to those of titanium, but they are lighter due to their relative density. By adopting this material, which has excellent machinability, the gap between the driver and the chamber can be pushed to the limit, achieving higher mounting accuracy than before

428564_589240.jpg

acoustune capsule technology

A major feature of previous Acoustune products, the acoustic chamber and mechanical housing are separated. For the first time, Acoustune Capsule Technology (A.C.T) can support future options and upgrades

428564_589239.jpg

newly-designed earpiece

The new shape earpiece "AEX50", which is included for the first time in this product, uses the shape memory polymer "SMPiFit®" manufactured by SMP Technologies, and adopts a double wing shape. In this product, he uses the AEX50 as a reference earpiece. The wide wing part adheres to the skin near the entrance of the ear canal in a wider area than the normal type earpiece. In addition, the material's characteristics of maintaining its shape when worn, combined with the fact that it fits snugly in the ear near the entrance to the ear canal, eliminates the need to insert it all the way in and eliminates discomfort. Furthermore, because the space volume in the ear canal is secured due to the mounting position

428564_589237.jpg

specification

Driver 10mm single dynamic driver
Impedance 24Ω@1KHz
Sensitivity 110dB@ 1mW
Range 10Hz~25KHz

price

197980 yen (~ US$1750)

links

news

https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/202110/29/53957.html

video

store

https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1375447/
https://www.fujiya-avic.co.jp/shop/g/g200000061329/

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 37
Sooo How is it???
Yeah surprised there’s no impressions yet here. It’s been out for more than a year, and now the ACT03 module is also coming out. I’m quite curious with the tuning of the different modules. Let’s hope someone will post something here 🤞🏼

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 37
i've got the hs2000mx for a while and act03 last month. it's really a good single DD driver IEM on par with IE900. despite it's quite big and heavy, it fits quite well in my ears. the cable is top notch too - flexible and well built. i recently saw acoustune selling the same cable in 4.4mm termination too. likely not necessary for most player with the original act01 as it's quite easy to drive anyway. the act03 is much harder to drive and some may wish to have the benefit of balance out for it in certain setups.

the original act01 comes with hs2000mx is much easier to drive and sounds a bit more dynamic/ entertaining to me. if not for the fun of swapping driver capsule, i think it may not be necessary to purchase act02/03. i never heard but many said act02 is not as good as the act01 (both use the same driver inside with different shell material) despite the high price.

but i bought 2nd hand at a price lower than ie900. if it's on the list price, maybe ie900 will offer similar (albeit different sound signature) performance at a lower price (and being much smaller).

just my 2 cents

(Edited to add some photos for sharing)

Attachments

• 20220831_202214.jpg
    20220831_202214.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220831_202311.jpg
    20220831_202311.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220831_202614.jpg
    20220831_202614.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 37
Oh good! Some info appreciated! Kudos!
I have ie900 and it’s super comfortable to wear, with Azla eartips I find it to be good fit in the ear, also it was by far best single dd I heard (I am a big fan of jvc, have all their lineup) never heard this Acoustune to be honest, some pics would be very good!
How does it fit in hand?

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 37
Oh good! Some info appreciated! Kudos!
I have ie900 and it’s super comfortable to wear, with Azla eartips I find it to be good fit in the ear, also it was by far best single dd I heard (I am a big fan of jvc, have all their lineup) never heard this Acoustune to be honest, some pics would be very good!
How does it fit in hand?
😀 Just added some photos in my post #5 above.

Looks really nice but size is quite big. I guess it might not fit all people equally well.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #8 of 37
i've got the hs2000mx for a while and act03 last month. it's really a good single DD driver IEM on par with IE900. despite it's quite big and heavy, it fits quite well in my ears. the cable is top notch too - flexible and well built. i recently saw acoustune selling the same cable in 4.4mm termination too. likely not necessary for most player with the original act01 as it's quite easy to drive anyway. the act03 is much harder to drive and some may wish to have the benefit of balance out for it in certain setups.

the original act01 comes with hs2000mx is much easier to drive and sounds a bit more dynamic/ entertaining to me. if not for the fun of swapping driver capsule, i think it may not be necessary to purchase act02/03. i never heard but many said act02 is not as good as the act01 (both use the same driver inside with different shell material) despite the high price.

but i bought 2nd hand at a price lower than ie900. if it's on the list price, maybe ie900 will offer similar (albeit different sound signature) performance at a lower price (and being much smaller).

just my 2 cents

(Edited to add some photos for sharing)
Thanks!! In terms of sound how’s the ACT03 compared to ACT01? And did you detect any hint of sibilance with both drivers?

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #9 of 37
Thanks!! In terms of sound how’s the ACT03 compared to ACT01? And did you detect any hint of sibilance with both drivers?
i like the act01 better in fact. sounds more lively to me and much easier to drive. act03 are smoother and some said the bass is more extended. maybe for the metal shell and futuristic look, i preferred the acoustune to have more lively rather than musical sound :stuck_out_tongue:. be warned though i got several other new iems recently so didnt listen much to the acoustune after the 1st week so my impression could be not so accurate :cold_sweat:

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #12 of 37
Hello im currently interested in the Sho, can you give a quick impression on how the Act01 sound? How is it compare to the jvc fw10k ?
Thank you
The fww sounds more airy but has much less bass impact. If bass performance is not high on your priority list, i definitely prefer fww's sound. Hs2000mx is more of an all-rounder i believe.

Btw, act04 was just released but there seems not much review/feedback yet.

On the ergonomic side, hs2000mx is quite heavy and may not fit everyone that well. The stock acoustune cable looks and feels much more substantial too. Be warned that fww isolation is quite weak using the stock tips.

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 37
The fww sounds more airy but has much less bass impact. If bass performance is not high on your priority list, i definitely prefer fww's sound. Hs2000mx is more of an all-rounder i believe.

Btw, act04 was just released but there seems not much review/feedback yet.

On the ergonomic side, hs2000mx is quite heavy and may not fit everyone that well. The stock acoustune cable looks and feels much more substantial too. Be warned that fww isolation is quite weak using the stock tips.
Thank for your feedback, im currently own a JVC FW10k pairing with my Brise Yatono Rh2+, its currently my end game combo for now and im kinda into spacious sound. As for tonality, the JVC 10k's bass is kinda enough for me (lack abit amount of mid bass for me if im being picky). I expect the the Hs2000mx to be spacious and have acoustune's mid signature, i guess i will blind buy it in the future.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #14 of 37
Thank for your feedback, im currently own a JVC FW10k pairing with my Brise Yatono Rh2+, its currently my end game combo for now and im kinda into spacious sound. As for tonality, the JVC 10k's bass is kinda enough for me (lack abit amount of mid bass for me if im being picky). I expect the the Hs2000mx to be spacious and have acoustune's mid signature, i guess i will blind buy it in the future.
no chance to demo in your area? it's always a good idea to demo before making decision. but i think hs2000mx is unlikely to disappoint :relaxed:

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #15 of 37
no chance to demo in your area? it's always a good idea to demo before making decision. but i think hs2000mx is unlikely to disappoint :relaxed:
Not even a single Acoustune retailer here, so i have to take my chances. I also own a 1790ti so i think i get familiar with acoustune''s signature sound, all i can do now is gather info before i buy and hope for the best but i feeling positive about this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back