Standard Colour: Clear
Connector: 3.5mm gold plated moulded
Cable Exit: Top (over the ear) only
FR: 16Hz ~ 20KHz
Noise Isolation: 26dB
Impedance: 17 Ohms
Cost: £629
Turnaround: c. 3-4 Weeks

Items Included: Carry pouch, personalised rugged case, wax pick, care and usage instructions, comfort cream, step-up jack connector adaptor, replacement green filters and extraction tool.

IEM's need to be handled with care as they are malleable and it looks as if to much pressure applied in the wrong place would damage internals (though it would have to be considerable!). The cable is very light, connection is very secure, no chance of bent or snapped pins unless you virtually destroy the monitor, (I would hesitate before swapping the cable myself!).

Very durable but difficult to insert without practice, I recommend a mirror for the first few times.

Crossover in detail.

Replaceable wax filters, I was worried that these may have been acoustic dampeners but they are not as you can see.

The attenuation of outside noise is not as good as the ER4's, I was a little disappointed by this but it only really illustrates how good the Ety's are in the first place. 

I wonder if the absorption coefficient of the pipe material effects resonance in an appreciable way and if the fact that the armatures secured firmly in the silicon and not supported in an open chamber, as with many hard bodied IEM's, effects the RT?  length of tubing and diameter does; also how much trouble do ACS go too in driver matching? With Etymotic this is a principal characteristic of their ER4S, consistency between two drivers, is the same attention to detail paid with multi armature IEM's containing 3,4 or even 6 drivers?

http://www.knowles.com/search/pdf/TB-06.pdf
http://www.knowles.com/search/pdf/TB-08.pdf
http://www.knowles.com/search/pdf/TB-14.pdf

They do not appear to be affected significantly by burn in but that is my subjective appraisal at about 15 hours of listening.

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 9
Nice job on the review, Mark....Great pics as well. Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 9
Nice review, thank you. But is the silicone material really that pliable? Does it feel like it could transmit shocks to the internal components if too much force is applied at once? (by too much force I mean something along the line of a drop, btw).

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 9
No it would easily survive a significant drop, the silicon would cushion the components, it would fair better than a acrylic for sure! But if twisted hard with real force you could damage it, I would recommend a hard case like the aluminium Ultimate Ears case.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #5 of 9
What I like about the ACS silicon is how comfortable they are for LONG listening sessions....Like 8+ hours of drive time. No ear fatigue. Pretty amazing.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 9
Hi Guys !!  Got my T1's yesterday.  Just getting used to them now.  Yes, they are hard to insert, but I suppose that will take a little practice.  Very different from my ER4-Ps.  I have had ETys for may years.  So I have been swapping back and forth learning the differences.  I am finding that I don't need EQ for the T1's.  But the EQ is very much of a benefit for the ER4's to bring out more bass.

PS - I got a Pelican hard case with mine.  I see that you got something else.  Did you order that special...?

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 9
They will open up some after 100 hours or so. It just keeps getting better!

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #8 of 9
Duplicate

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Hi Guys !!  Got my T1's yesterday.  Just getting used to them now.  Yes, they are hard to insert, but I suppose that will take a little practice.  Very different from my ER4-Ps.  I have had ETys for may years.  So I have been swapping back and forth learning the differences.  I am finding that I don't need EQ for the T1's.  But the EQ is very much of a benefit for the ER4's to bring out more bass.

PS - I got a Pelican hard case with mine.  I see that you got something else.  Did you order that special...?

You are meant to get the leather one. If they didn't send you the proper one it means they are trying to get away with sending the cheaper pelican as they're out of stock or something. Apparently you just have to nag them to send the proper one. 
This is what I was told they have done in the past anyways. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back