AD-900 vs DT880 (250 ohm) Bass // DT880 comfort issue =(
Aug 10, 2010 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mysteek

100+ Head-Fier
Hello again head-fi!

I'm wanting to hear back from people who may have heard both phones.  I would like to know how the bass is on the AD900 vs the DT880's.  I currently own the DT880's and I'm currently finding it hard to swallow the price tag of the AD900 without knowing what to expect in terms of bass (lots of mixed reviews on the bass response on the AD900's).  If I'm not mistaken, both headphones have the ''airy'' sound which I like.

The underlying issue at hand is that I want a more comfortable headband--I know this is a silly reason to switch phones but the headband on the DT880's is getting unbearable.  My hair is always sticking to the top of the headband as if there is adhesive stuck to the headband but I bought these new.  I know this won't be an issue with the AD900 because of the wing design--but how would the sound signatures compare?  Will I end up missing the bass?

I listen to lots of trance--I don't necessarily need super impactful bass, I like a nicely blended and convincing sound such as what the DT880 currently delivers.

Opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back