ADVANCED GT-R Planar Magnetic
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #16 of 90
We actually received 747 in stock today and opened the website for sale few hours ago. Since the stock date coincided with our Kickstarter campaign, we have postponed the email notification for 747 for a later date. Hope you can understand.
It's all good. I happened to visit your website looking for more info on the GT-R's and noticed the 747's were in stock so I placed my order. Looking forward to testing them out.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 90
What accessories will come with the GT-R? Obviously, a cable is one item but will the headphones come with a carrying case or protective bag?

I've never had a planar headphone but given that I have had very good experiences with Advanced products in the past, I put in an order through Kickstarter.

Nov 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #18 of 90
My thoughts on the GT-R

20171103_121935_Film2.jpg

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 90
What accessories will come with the GT-R? Obviously, a cable is one item but will the headphones come with a carrying case or protective bag?

I've never had a planar headphone but given that I have had very good experiences with Advanced products in the past, I put in an order through Kickstarter.
We are looking into carrying pouch options, but also looking at the progress of the campaign first to understand how much overhead we would have for the accessories.

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #20 of 90
We are looking into carrying pouch options, but also looking at the progress of the campaign first to understand how much overhead we would have for the accessories.

Thank you for the response, Peter. I wish you and the rest of the company success with this Kickstarter campaign.

Now the waiting begins. I'm looking forward to next spring.

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #21 of 90
Just wanted to keep the thread posted that we've cancelled the current campaign due to low visibility. We are planning a relaunch with more spots available for super early bird backers. I'll update the thread once the new campaign goes live.

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #22 of 90
Just wanted to keep the thread posted that we've cancelled the current campaign due to low visibility. We are planning a relaunch with more spots available for super early bird backers. I'll update the thread once the new campaign goes live.

I'm disappointed that it's not going forward at this time but I understand that it may have been tough for some people to commit to the project with the holidays and related shopping and expenses.

Depending on how long it may take for the next attempt at funding the GT-R, would Advanced consider giving those who stepped up for the GT-R project some sort of discount on a pair of Alpha headphones as a sort of "thank you"? I'm interested in getting a pair of planar dynamic headphones that don't require my wife contacting a divorce lawyer and I would consider a pair of Alphas.

Thank you, Peter.

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #23 of 90
I'm disappointed that it's not going forward at this time but I understand that it may have been tough for some people to commit to the project with the holidays and related shopping and expenses.

Depending on how long it may take for the next attempt at funding the GT-R, would Advanced consider giving those who stepped up for the GT-R project some sort of discount on a pair of Alpha headphones as a sort of "thank you"? I'm interested in getting a pair of planar dynamic headphones that don't require my wife contacting a divorce lawyer and I would consider a pair of Alphas.

Thank you, Peter.

We CAN consider offering something extra for the people who had stuck around with us. I don't want your wife contacting a divorce lawyer... Will keep you posted.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #25 of 90
Tested at CanJam NYC 2018. The best sub bass extension and quantity I've heard in a planar. Approaching a good dynamic (which seems to do sub bass universally better than planar cans do). The mids are present and full but I expect that on most planars. High mids are not harsh, and the treble is smooth. For treble sensitive, there is just enough up there. Also comfortable, as despite having normal flatness, but above average diameter ears, they'd fit. The headband let them fully reach my ears - which 2/3 of headphones can't do. They have some serious potential.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #27 of 90
Has anything changed to the tuning since B9scramblers preview?

Also to note was the quote from Tyll at innerfidelity, because lol in the end he panned the Advanced Alpha quite badly due to the 3k thingy...

There is no change in tuning for GT-R or Alpha. Yes, Tyll did not like our Alpha at the end, but we've gotten a polarizing review from many others. Decision is for yours to make!

May 26, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #28 of 90
There is no change in tuning for GT-R or Alpha. Yes, Tyll did not like our Alpha at the end, but we've gotten a polarizing review from many others. Decision is for yours to make!
Thanks for your response. Can you give an estimate of when the GT-R may be ready? It had the best low frequency extension of any planar I'd heard, and no high end issues. It's light weight, and despite having the "auto-fit" heaband style, it extended to reach my ears easily - despite most cans being too small for my head. Nice work.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #29 of 90
Thanks for your response. Can you give an estimate of when the GT-R may be ready? It had the best low frequency extension of any planar I'd heard, and no high end issues. It's light weight, and despite having the "auto-fit" heaband style, it extended to reach my ears easily - despite most cans being too small for my head. Nice work.
Thanks for your feedback Mark. The GT-R can only enter mass production if the campaign is fully funded. Still about 40 days to go. If the campaign is successful, it will take additional 2 months for the production to complete. So I would say we are looking at September / October delivery if the campaign is funded.

May 27, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #30 of 90

Hi you're right, since music preferences determine choice of gear. Anyway I listen to Yoyo Ma, GNR, and TV/movie BGM. Am I in the target group?

Was rereading b9's review; is it 32 or 320ohms, since iLounge said it's harder to drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back