Advice needed about ER6 from owners
Jan 16, 2003 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Peddler

1000+ Head-Fier
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I already have the Etymotic ER4P and I love em!

I'm currently using the Koss KSC-35's for portable use but I keep looking at the ER6's and thinking 'I would love the Ety sound in a portable environment'. I'm aware of the 'occlusion' effect they can have but I have found that wrapping the cables around my ears on the 4P greatly reduces this - I'm fairly confident that this won't be too bad on the 6.

I'm using the wonderful Creative Nomad Jukebox 3 which does have a better headphone amp section than most portables these days.

What I would like to know is....

Given that I know how to get a good seal with these type of phones, is the sound quality of the ER6 good?

I sometimes find the bass on the 35's a little much (although still quite nice) and prefer the more accurate sound of the 4P's - does the bass on the ER6 compare with that of the 4P when you get a good seal?

I'm fairly confident that the Jukebox 3 can power the 6's to fairly high levels and I'm also aware of the fact that the additional isolation enables you to listen at lower volumes but are the 6's hard to drive?

Are the little green filters on the 6's the same as those on the 4P?

Thanks for the time guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back