Advice needed re: Fiio BTR7/Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - suitable software?
Feb 22, 2024 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Peddler

1000+ Head-Fier
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Hi

I'm currently awaiting delivery of a Fiio BTR7 portable DAC/AMP to go with my Note 20 Ultra and a balanced headphone cable for my Sennheiser HD598sr headphones. I need some advice on how to get the most out of this combination when using the amp in USB mode. I think I'm aware of the limitations Android has regarding getting the best signal out of the USB port for the external DAC to produce the best possible effect, but need some advice on what is the best software to use for this.

On a side note, I usually use Youtube Music (the audio side not the video side) for most of my streaming needs - is there any way of achieving the best output quality using the YouTube Music app?

Many thanks for your help with this. Looking forward to reading any responses.

Rick

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 3
The BTR7 can easily handle Youtube Music, just make sure in YTM you have it set to give you the highest bitrate it offers. That is the best you will get out of YTM, after listing to this if need be you can look into some EQ software if you feel you need to make an tweaks. The Android limitations have no effect on YTM, so I would not worry about that.

Feb 22, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply Jim. The reason why I use YTM is that they offer continual 2 weeks free use with no strings attached for new users. I simply create a new Gmail account on my phone then sign in with it.

I can't help being a tight arse. Looking forward to trying my new BTR7 out with both my Senn 598s and the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back