Advice needed!
Jan 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PixelSquish

Previously known as idiotekniques
Hello,

I sold someone my triples back before xmas. They were in great shape.
the buyer just told me that they broke and he wanted to know what date and from what vendor i bought them. I gladly told him since it was an authorized dealer and they were bought last june, so they are in warranty.

now he says UE needs the receipt and they will replace them, which is fine.

i am a bit wary to send the receipt because it is a strong way to get back to my cc info via the store i got them from. or am i being too paranoid? the buyer has been very prompt and courteous but has no feedback here, and i just want to be smart about handing out information taht can get some of my info from a possibly too helpful CS rep at the store i bought them from, but helping him get the triples replaced.

anybody have advice?

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 6
I assume your CC# is not actually printed on the receipt? You shouldn't worry. I always send a copy of my invoice when I sell an IEM here on Head-Fi. For safe measure I suppose you could call the company you bought them from and give them a heads up of what happened. They could maybe add a note in your customer profile to be sure to ask for other pertinent info (that only you would know) before discussing any account info/history with anyone. Most companies kind of do this already anyway.

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 6
I've always thought they only keep the last four digits of the CC or whatever and hardly, if ever, print the number on the receipt/invoice. I doubt he can just call the store and force them to give out the card number (if they even have them).

Also you could always request for a new card if you decide it is too risky.

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 6
triple fi.10? what happened did they lose sound?

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 6
oh... darn i should be careful with them i suppose
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back