Advice on an upgrade.
Jul 7, 2012 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

silvernoy

New Head-Fier
hey guys,

had my sony E445 for 4 years now and its starting to slow down and such.
was wondering on what would be a suitable upgrade?
love the UI on the sony and its ability to eq.
im using the CAL and yamaha eph-100 if it matters.
im using my dap only for music.
budget wise not looking to go above 150?

currently thinking of the sansa clip zip and iaudio 10 or maybe going back to sony.
anyone could advise me on this?

tia! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 7
Yamaha EPH-100 pair really well with Sansa players. You can check my profile at the sources I own, I haven't found better synergy yet for them. I would be considering one highly.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Yamaha EPH-100 pair really well with Sansa players. You can check my profile at the sources I own, I haven't found better synergy yet for them. I would be considering one highly.

that is after eq and rockbox?
currently did some eq on my e445 to make the eph-100 sound better to me.

saw that you have cowon,sony and sansa, would the sansa be the best option for me?

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

that is after eq and rockbox?
currently did some eq on my e445 to make the eph-100 sound better to me.

saw that you have cowon,sony and sansa, would the sansa be the best option for me?

I think so, I run EPH-100 on stock firmware not rockbox.

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
how is the ui of sansa compared to sony?

when i play my music do i get them all arranged by name in on entire playlist like in the sony? 
normal_smile .gif

You can go by Album / Artist / Song or folder similar to your Sony Walkman, create playlists, add favoruties etc etc...Everything you can normally do. The UI is actually pretty good. I owned a Sony Walkman for a while and if we're talking SQ I believe the Sansa's are a step up from the earlier model Walkmans. Zip is  spoken of highly here. 

Jul 8, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
You can go by Album / Artist / Song or folder similar to your Sony Walkman, create playlists, add favoruties etc etc...Everything you can normally do. The UI is actually pretty good. I owned a Sony Walkman for a while and if we're talking SQ I believe the Sansa's are a step up from the earlier model Walkmans. Zip is  spoken of highly here. 

sweet.

thanks for all the help.
think i will be getting a pair soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back