Advice on RHA T-20 upgrade $300-$350 max
Oct 13, 2017 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dutch1Schaefer

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I was able to demo the T20's about a year ago and I really enjoyed everything about them the whole audio spectrum from bass all the way to highs sounded great to my ears.

As of now I am able to spend about $300-$350. IEM's are mainly what I am looking for due to being a little more portable and discreet for my purposes but I'm not opposed to look into some over the ear headphones as well. I only have an iPhone 6s + as my device streaming tidal.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated especially if you enjoy the RHA T20 "sound" and have owned them or know their sound signature.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Nothing? Man I was hoping a few people could chime in to get me looking in a few directions.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Not sure what market you are in but I would highly recommend the Campfire Orion. It sounds fantastic and is an excellent value for the price. Definitely worth a look in your budget. If you are looking at an over-ear, there are some good ones in your price range but we would need to know about your sound signature preferences in more detail and also what you listen to. Also, open versus closed (I assume closed??).

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 7
@serman005 thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look into those. I listen to allot of post hardcore, rock, metal, prog rock, some punk, instrumental rock. Mainly the rock genres. From time to time classical flamenco guitar stuff (I know very different)

I owned a pair of sennhieser hd 598 that were open back and they seriously lacked bass imo. (Got stolen about a month after I bought them.)

Some bands include: thrice, these arms are snakes, pelican, hot water music, rush, if these trees could talk, isis, the casket lottery, Russian circles to name a few.

So from another head fier who let me demo some of his gear last year this is how he described my sound preferences:

We met up today and had a grand ol time. He prefers the warmer signature of the RHA T20 to the bright X1 and neutral Spartan-IV. If anyone has any suggestions for something on the warmer side with maybe a bit less congestion, $350 tops, I'd be curious to hear em. I'm thinking there might be a Campfire Audio one that fits the bill?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Anyone else have any recommendations?

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Campfire Audio Orion is an upgrade I'm looking at coming from my Pinnacle P1s. Westone UM Pro30s are another option as well.

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks @Drunkenmunkey. I haven’t heard any of those before, I really like the bass and sub bass in the t20’s do the Orion and UM pro30’s handle the lows well? I’m not a bass head by any means but since I mainly listen to rock genres and am a bassist I need to have that area covered pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back