Advice on Shure SE535 earphones
Sep 16, 2011 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

archaeonut

New Head-Fier
I've had the usual issue with my Shure SE530s and the cable fault has caused them to fail outside warranty. Despite debate with Shure as to how prevalent this fault is they refuse to replace them. I'm being offered the Shure SE535 model for £260 with a fresh two year warranty with them. Any advice on if you think this is worth it or should I be considering other brands/models?

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 10
I've had the usual issue with my Shure SE530s and the cable fault has caused them to fail outside warranty. Despite debate with Shure as to how prevalent this fault is they refuse to replace them. I'm being offered the Shure SE535 model for £260 with a fresh two year warranty with them. Any advice on if you think this is worth it or should I be considering other brands/models?

My question would be, who is offering at that price shure? Or?

It depends I don't have experience with them, but if u liked your 530's, then get the 535
If you want to try or buy something different...well, there is your answer :p

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 10
The £260 offer on the SE535s is from Shure themselves. I did absolutely love my SE530s but i've had two pairs that failed so am now a little cautious. I believe the detachable cables on the new model are supposed to have solved the problem, but was curious if anyone had any strong opinions against them as a model.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
The £260 offer on the SE535s is from Shure themselves. I did absolutely love my SE530s but i've had two pairs that failed so am now a little cautious. I believe the detachable cables on the new model are supposed to have solved the problem, but was curious if anyone had any strong opinions against them as a model.

I've read a lot of things, and here is my opinion:
-People over here seem to prefer the W3's as overall better earphones - priced at £260 = However looking at your case, it seems that you have had problems with your wires.

The 530's were KNOWN to have problems with the wires and people started getting annoyed. When the 535's dropped, they much preferred them, due to the wiring, and I guess you can say the look too.

So in answer to your question:
I would take the offer that Shure are offering. Why though?
-If you had problems wit the wires, now that's solved, as in 2 years time - after your warranty expires you can buy another cable.
-If you liked the se535's aren't really looking for anything MORE or want anything DIFFERENT then stick to them.

As I said, I can't comment in the difference between the se530's and the 535's only that I have read the build quality, and the detachable wire are a massive step up for everyone who had the 530's originally.
I am currently looking myself into the SE535's and the W3's.
If I go for the se535's I would be paying £250-260 from a head-fier, who has it boxed and new. But if you look anywhere else, its £320. So As you are actually getting it offered as a discount from Shure, I would take it. If you don't like it, sell it on and buy another set of earphones, like the W3's etc.
Simples

Just remember one thing:
Hearing is ALL very subjective.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for the advice. I think you've help confirm that I should go with my gut instinct and stick with the Shures as I was happy with their sound. At least £40 for a cable every three years or so is a heck of a lot better then a few hundred! :)

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I think you've help confirm that I should go with my gut instinct and stick with the Shures as I was happy with their sound. At least £40 for a cable every three years or so is a heck of a lot better then a few hundred! :)

indeed :)
As long as your are happy with the 530's then im 100% sure you will be with the 535's.

If however you don't like them, send them back to Shure within 7 days for a full refund :wink:
Just use your tips and not theirs :D

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:

No Doubt, I had 4 pairs of the 530's that failed (Cable issue) If you like the 530's the 535's are much better in my humble opinion. I think the design and sound of the 535;s shure hit it out of the ballpark

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 10
I love my Shure SE535's, but just make sure you dont sweat with them
wink_face.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

Having both, go for the new SE535 Special Edition! New red color. Or, make Westone 4 a trial! or go for a pair of... custom then!
for the brand, just ask for it, then!

good luck!

:wink:
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back