AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Sep 14, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,911 of 5,483
At the risk of getting a little off-topic, can you share a photo showing that?
IMG_20170116_230230.jpg

The cable at the back, i just pull out of the idsd side and place it flat so the case closes properly.

i later changed the coaxial cable (back one) for a smaller one
Also, not included in the pic: L shaped USB and L shaped RCA.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,913 of 5,483

The cable at the back, i just pull out of the idsd side and place it flat so the case closes properly.

i later changed the coaxial cable (back one) for a smaller one
Also, not included in the pic: L shaped USB and L shaped RCA.

Thanks, I could not understand how you set it up so you did not have to open the case to listen. Apparently you do need to open it. At least to run the DAP, connect headphones, and change the volume control on the iDSD. I do like it though. It make a nice transportable package. I ordered the case.

Yes sorry for the OT, but good info here.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,915 of 5,483
Did anybody compared Aeons with Shure 1540?
What the difference in sound between these headphones on jazz, classical and vocal music?
I had the chance with 1540 and mojo and they are not Aeon level at all, with 1540 you hear the headphone but with aeon you hear the music

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,916 of 5,483
Did anybody compared Aeons with Shure 1540?
What the difference in sound between these headphones on jazz, classical and vocal music?
I have both and the Aeon's are the better of the two. Vocal and instrumental music sound crystal clear. Take my opinion with a grain a salt as I just got my Aeon's 3 hours ago and Haven't taken them off yet.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #2,917 of 5,483
ÆON just won another award, Top Pick from Sound & Vision.

Top Pick.jpg

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #2,920 of 5,483
ÆON just won another award, Top Pick from Sound & Vision.

Thank you for replay.
I have Shure 1840 and Grado rs1i. I prefer both to 1540. But I can't use open headphones at my work.
You want these Aeon's. They isolate well and drown out background noise. All you hear is the music. The seal and comfort are super solid. They don't disappear on your ears like an HD 800S but these are easily among the lightest Planar Magnetic headphones available. Use those foam inserts as well should you buy them.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #2,922 of 5,483
So Mojo or Ifi BL? Need a solid portable amp!

Has anyone tried the Oppo Ha-2/2se?
I have tried the Mojo and BL in Audio46 in NYC. I tried them both not with the Aeons but the Beyerdynamic DT 1770s, 1990s, Audeze Sine, and Ultrasone HFI-780 S. Both are great DAC/AMPS but the RF noise rumors from the Mojo and phones (unless your phone is on airplane mode) are true. The Mojo was useless with a Lumia 950xl (more noise than music) and terrible RF noise with a iPhone 6S. Most forums out there said it would most likely not work with a windows 10mobile phone and that is true but the iPhone was shocking. I, ultimately chose the BL in the end. I also have the Centrance Dacportable and the BL and the Dacportable have no RF noise issues. The Mojo's microusb port have broken on numerous owners on the Mojo thread. Sound wise I thought the Mojo had a lower noise floor while I thought the BL sounded more detailed and had more bass (with the bass-boost off). Hope this helps.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #2,923 of 5,483
I have tried the Mojo and BL in Audio46 in NYC. I tried them both not with the Aeons but the Beyerdynamic DT 1770s, 1990s, Audeze Sine, and Ultrasone HFI-780 S. Both are great DAC/AMPS but the RF noise rumors from the Mojo and phones (unless your phone is on airplane mode) are true. The Mojo was useless with a Lumia 950xl (more noise than music) and terrible RF noise with a iPhone 6S. Most forums out there said it would most likely not work with a windows 10mobile phone and that is true but the iPhone was shocking. I, ultimately chose the BL in the end. I also have the Centrance Dacportable and the BL and the Dacportable have no RF noise issues. The Mojo's microusb port have broken on numerous owners on the Mojo thread. Sound wise I thought the Mojo had a lower noise floor while I thought the BL sounded more detailed and had more bass (with the bass-boost off). Hope this helps.

It definitely helps. I actually went to Audio46 the other week to try out the Aeons, before deciding to buy and the lady assisting me couldn't get the Mojo to work! So I couldn't even test it. I wanted to test the BL but it seemed like they were not entertaining that haha

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #2,925 of 5,483
Lol not sure if everyone caught it but I find it hilarious that the new(?) cable for the Aeon is DUMMER and not DUM. Some good naming technique there.

That said, what are the specific differences between DUMMER and DUM?
I'm kinda waiting for the next mrspeakers headphones to see if he's gonna call it "DUMMEST" cable. and MORE importantly, what comes after 'DUMMEST'?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back