AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 30, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #16 of 5,483
I have a full review upcoming for these. They have been glued to my head for the past several weeks. Here are a few teasers...

1. Most comfortable Mr. Speakers phones ever. Weighing just under 340 grams. You know that I love the weight reduction. 
wink.gif

2. The sound signature will have a broad appeal and is instantly enjoyable. 

3. Aeon is not a slight redesign from ETHER. There is lot's of new tech here. 

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #19 of 5,483
Ok this is going to be my 1st Mr Speakers headphone. I won't have to sell my Empire Zeus R ciems to afford the Ether C. I can keep it and get the Aeon 0:)
I hope I'll be able to pre-order with PayPal.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #24 of 5,483
  I have a full review upcoming for these. They have been glued to my head for the past several weeks. Here are a few teasers...

1. Most comfortable Mr. Speakers phones ever. Weighing just under 340 grams. You know that I love the weight reduction. 
wink.gif

Not helping my temptation...

Would you consider them Prime killers?

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #25 of 5,483

1. Most comfortable Mr. Speakers phones ever. Weighing just under 340 grams. You know that I love the weight reduction. :wink:

Any popular headphones that they sound similar to?

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #26 of 5,483
Are soft teardrop shapes the new thing? Even that new 6k$ hifiman looks soft in appearance.

This one looks nice, but i was surprised as I thought the Ethers that Tyll Reviewed just came out

Guess i live under a rock !

L3000.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #29 of 5,483

wink.gif

I'm very curious to hear your feedback about the Aeon vs the new AudioQuest NightOwl 
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #30 of 5,483
Does anybody know if the Dragonfly Red has enough power for these? Sensitivity spec is 97 dB/mW. Impedance not listed. Thanks very much.

Absolutely.  These things are very easy to drive for a planar and will get decently loud right out of a phone.

Everything about this is reminding me of Audeze's launch of the EL-8

Good luck 

Unlike the EL-8 at launch, this sounds good.  (OOOH, BURN!)

Any popular headphones that they sound similar to?

It sounds similar to the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow, though not exactly the same obviously.

I'm very curious to hear your feedback about the Aeon vs the new AudioQuest NightOwl 
wink.gif

I heard the NightOwl at CES and, from memory, I'd say the NightOwl is going for that AQ dark sound while the AEON is going for the balanced Flow sound.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back