After Spending 4 Days with the Denon D600
Dec 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Primetime86

Aka: TheReem, Ryanetto
These are the most underrated headphones on this board. They are beautifully crisp. Big stage and when amped correctly big Bass. The mid range is detailed and beautiful, unamped it can sound a little behind. I use my Fiio E11 with the bass booster on setting 1 and this provides the most fun experience I have had.

I really don't get the hate, These are portable Hi-Fi IMO they are actually pretty balanced compared to some of the reviews but they have huge bass potential with EQ. They also look sexy much sexier than the old line! Pictures do not do them justice.

Our of my collection these sit next to the Mad Dogs, The MD are smoother sounding with a more relaxed mid range while the Denon bring the energy. Love them!

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 8
I have personal opinions about both of those products, but I will try to address what I feel is the general consensus about both of these things. 

I think you have a misconception of what all the hate is actually about. 

The reason why people "hate" the newer denon headphones is because the previous series sounded much better. It had much warmer bass and a much more natural sound. 

The newer headphones are actually a bit thinner and tiny by comparison. 

But that does not mean they sound bad. It is just that people feel like they can buy something better for the same amount of money. 

There are multiple reasons why people hate FiiO. Most of the times there is some type of hate towards FiiO is when people are trying to use them as desktop amps. But FiiO does not get too much hate when you are strictly talking about portable amplifiers for cheap simply because there are very few other options. 

TL:DNR = The things you bought just so happened to work for you because of the environment in which you are using them (I am assuming you are using your system as a portable rig). If you are only using your rig as a home system, then all the hate is definitely deserved. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 8
The only Denon I would pick over the D600 are the D7000. The D600 sound better than my D2000 and on par with the D5000. Thin is the last thing I'd call these! They sound Thinner compared to my Mad Dog but not much at all and are the same as the D5k

As for getting better for the money I don't think so. For £199 there is not a single phone I'd pick over these beautys.
They work as a home headphone and a portable. The hate is so ridiculous.

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 8
The only Denon I would pick over the D600 are the D7000. The D600 sound better than my D2000 and on par with the D5000. Thin is the last thing I'd call these! They sound Thinner compared to my Mad Dog but not much at all and are the same as the D5k

As for getting better for the money I don't think so. For £199 there is not a single phone I'd pick over these beautys.
They work as a home headphone and a portable. The hate is so ridiculous.

with the EQ or without? 

I assume without, but you did mention Eq in your first post. 

I heard them on the asgard 2 and they sounded a bit tinny. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 8
I meant they respond well to bass EQ because unamped they are bassy but not basshead bassy so EQ works wonders with that. I don't experience any tinny sounds maybe it was the Amp? I would describe these as a slightly warm fun sound but I find them versatile. The Mad dogs ate my all time favorites but these are up there. I'd take these over 99% of my collection in my Sig.

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 8
  I have personal opinions about both of those products, but I will try to address what I feel is the general consensus about both of these things. 

I think you have a misconception of what all the hate is actually about. 

The reason why people "hate" the newer denon headphones is because the previous series sounded much better. It had much warmer bass and a much more natural sound. 

The D600 sounds better than the D2000 IMO and I'd probably choose it over the D5000 as well. A lot of the initial dislike for them had more to do with the styling, release price, and oh, Tyll's review of the D7100 - which was pretty accurate. Now you can get the D600 for like $270 on Amazon or at Best Buy. Awesome headphone for the price.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 8
These are the most underrated headphones on this board. They are beautifully crisp. Big stage and when amped correctly big Bass. The mid range is detailed and beautiful, unamped it can sound a little behind. I use my Fiio E11 with the bass booster on setting 1 and this provides the most fun experience I have had.

I really don't get the hate, These are portable Hi-Fi IMO they are actually pretty balanced compared to some of the reviews but they have huge bass potential with EQ. They also look sexy much sexier than the old line! Pictures do not do them justice.

Our of my collection these sit next to the Mad Dogs, The MD are smoother sounding with a more relaxed mid range while the Denon bring the energy. Love them!

I 100% agreed that Denon are the most underrated headphones, i was had D5000 and it was really make me happy, then i bought HD650 with HR desktop amp
but it was like downgrade from D5000, then i bought D7000 and i can surely said that was a very very big step over HD650.
Then i sold the D7000, and i bought D7100 with Yulong D100.
Comparing D7100 to my ex D7000. the D7100, has more detailed and deeper bass with more sound stage, i really cant be more happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back