AKG K-518 LE vs Denon DN-HP-700
Feb 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Slumdog

New Head-Fier
Looking for my first set of real cans, need opinions on these two... which one would be a better choice for hip hop & RnB?

short list of what i listen to: tribe called quest, nas, biggie, 2pac, jay-z, de la soul, dilated peoples, lupe fiasco, j.cole, B.O.B, pharcyde, fugees, talib kweli, mos def, j electronica, nujabes, marques houston, brian mcknight, anthony hamilton, john legend, ne-yo, usher, marvin gaye, aaliyah, alicia keys, musiq soulchild, bruno mars, j. holiday..

most of my fav artists use a lot of jazz and soul samples, and are pretty heavy on bass, and don't forget about alicia keys hitting those high notes :)

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 5
bumping to first page.. these are pretty popular cans and they've been out for awhile now, there's gotta be a few of you audiophiles that owns or has at least auditioned them

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm puzzled. Why do people who enjoy music with a lot of bass in it want headphones with enhanced thumping bass? The bass is already there. Why not something neutral instead?

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Bass is important for Hip-Hop. You will love to feel the subwoofer with this genre and for the kind of music the OP listens to (which I know very well), I highly recommend the DENON HP700, once they have since explosive bass, to excelent, super realistic treble and highly detailed mids. Theres a review here comparing them to the $1000 DENON D7000's. They're very close and the HP700 cost 159€.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back