AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Jan 27, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #2,176 of 4,058
Always put them to sleep in the carrying case provided. That should do it :grin:

I dunno, I'd use a different case. Winding the cable around those square corners just seems like it's asking for trouble. The case is very nice tho

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #2,178 of 4,058
I dunno, I'd use a different case. Winding the cable around those square corners just seems like it's asking for trouble. The case is very nice tho

I know.  The IE800 does the same kind of thing, when just a plain, simple case would do the job so much better.
Guess they need to justify the price somehow. 
wink_face.gif

edit:  just to be clear, I kid, because I love.

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #2,179 of 4,058
i tested in depth ie800 today. in depth means that it was more than two hours. i had my fiio x5 and chord hugo to test ie800 with. with chord hugo, the sound was much better, fuller, i am actually thinking of buying chord hugo just because it was so great!

about ie800, it sounded harsh out of fiio x5. the treble was more harsh than i expected, [more than hd800, or any headphone i tried] and the soundstage was not that big. my headphones have bigger sounstage, and the only thing bigger was hd800.

about ie800, i would have just bought them, but there was this problem, about which i wanted to ask if k3003 has this problem, there was suction between the ear membrane and the driver of the headphone, this means that i would not be able to push ie800 too deep, because the drivers were pushing air into my ear. i wonder if this was normal. anyone has this with ie800 or k3003?

these questions were never asked, sorry for asking, but had not found answers..
also, anyone felt ie800 were hars, and are k3003 more harsh?

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,180 of 4,058
  i tested in depth ie800 today. in depth means that it was more than two hours. i had my fiio x5 and chord hugo to test ie800 with. with chord hugo, the sound was much better, fuller, i am actually thinking of buying chord hugo just because it was so great!

about ie800, it sounded harsh out of fiio x5. the treble was more harsh than i expected, [more than hd800, or any headphone i tried] and the soundstage was not that big. my headphones have bigger sounstage, and the only thing bigger was hd800.

about ie800, i would have just bought them, but there was this problem, about which i wanted to ask if k3003 has this problem, there was suction between the ear membrane and the driver of the headphone, this means that i would not be able to push ie800 too deep, because the drivers were pushing air into my ear. i wonder if this was normal. anyone has this with ie800 or k3003?

these questions were never asked, sorry for asking, but had not found answers..
also, anyone felt ie800 were hars, and are k3003 more harsh?

this. get K3 and you are good to go.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #2,181 of 4,058
  I know.  The IE800 does the same kind of thing, when just a plain, simple case would do the job so much better.
Guess they need to justify the price somehow. 
wink_face.gif

edit:  just to be clear, I kid, because I love.

It's quite obvious that Harman decided that the only way to make up for the drastic shortcomings of the K3003's performance was through sumptuous packaging intended to distract the end user; a tactic that has worked all too well I should add

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #2,182 of 4,058
well, i am going to buy chord hugo. i have already taken a decision, because it had the best DAC/AMP sound i was able to fiind. only if i could have found that ie800 was what i was searching for... they were almost perfect. just that they were a bit harsh with harsh music, a bit too much bass at times, and a bit less soundstage than i expected... ie800 did not really beat ie8 soundstage by much...

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2,183 of 4,058
  well, i am going to buy chord hugo. i have already taken a decision, because it had the best DAC/AMP sound i was able to fiind. only if i could have found that ie800 was what i was searching for... they were almost perfect. just that they were a bit harsh with harsh music, a bit too much bass at times, and a bit less soundstage than i expected... ie800 did not really beat ie8 soundstage by much...

buy chord hugo.buy K3.you are good to go.

you want the best so here it is - besides,you will simply do (buy K3) what you should have done 1 month ago (which you didn't and thus gave me a chance to buy the used K3 you were eyeing too)

cheers.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #2,184 of 4,058

buy chord hugo.buy K3.you are good to go.

you want the best so here it is - besides,you will simply do (buy K3) what you should have done 1 month ago (which you didn't and thus gave me a chance to buy the used K3 you were eyeing too)

cheers.

have you got a chance to compare k3003 to ie800?... i thought that ie800 were pretty amazing, after the pain of inserting, but if k3003 are better in every area, without loosing the amazing bass of ie800, i will get k3003. anyways, you have the driver-ear pressure problem with k3003? i have this problem, the driver and ear membrance create vacum, and i cannot push ie800 more than a length, because it pushes the membrane of the ear and it is painfull... with k3003, i know that there is a vent, does it help with this?...

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,185 of 4,058
the K3 seems to be a 'better' iem than IE800 , but if you want deep insertion maybe it's not the one for you

plus if you have small ears the K3 may be uncommfortable

hope you find soon the iem you want

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #2,186 of 4,058
Can anyone confirm if the K3003`s cable is 4 conductor at the 3.5mm plug?  

Thanks,

d

Yes, also included is a four female to the male 3.5mm

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #2,187 of 4,058
I wanted deep inesrtion for better fix in ear... 

after much thought, considering the that k3003 is 50% more expensive, than ie800, i should be able to get ultimate sound 3D customs for 620$, i might want to try these. the only fears i have that keep me from buying k3003 right now are about fit and how they feel in the ear. as ie800 was not confortable by far, i am worried that k3003 might not be that great with this either...

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #2,188 of 4,058
the k3003 is designed for shallow insertion which suits me. couldn't get a good fit with the ie800 when i tried it.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #2,189 of 4,058

the case is impractical. i don't use it either.

It's quite obvious that Harman decided that the only way to make up for the drastic shortcomings of the K3003's performance was through sumptuous packaging intended to distract the end user; a tactic that has worked all too well I should add

indeed. i feel like such a fool.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #2,190 of 4,058
  I wanted deep inesrtion for better fix in ear...

after much thought, considering the that k3003 is 50% more expensive, than ie800, i should be able to get ultimate sound 3D customs for 620$, i might want to try these. the only fears i have that keep me from buying k3003 right now are about fit and how they feel in the ear. as ie800 was not confortable by far, i am worried that k3003 might not be that great with this either...

From memory the ie800 is not meant to be pushed deep into the ear but more a mid-shallow fit. I had a perfect fit when I owned them and the proprietary tips are awesome (except for when you lose them
triportsad.gif
).

From my experience it takes more than a couple of hours to get real brain burn to new iem's, often with high end iem's it takes me a few days to really appreciate and dial in the sound. It also takes me a few days to really get my technique down with a new iem re fit + tip rolling.

Remember that you should be able to flip either the K3003 or ie800 without too much financial loss either if you decide you have made the wrong decision. They are both seriously satisfying iem's. If you are expanding your scope to other iem's I would also consider the FAD Heaven VII and VIII (probably the VIII if you like bass and aren't put off by the gold housing).

Also, if I was you I would try the AK240 and the Calyx M before buying the Hugo. You might still end up liking the Hugo more but in my opinion the 240 and M are in the same SQ league as the Hugo. Any one of them can be better than the other two depending on the synergy with a particular iem. I know for a fact that the K3003 and ie800 sound outstanding with the M (which is half the price of the Hugo and 240 and a DAP with 400gb storage capacity - albeit lousy battery life).

Good luck.

ps - just pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back