AKG K550 VS Denon AH-D2000
Jun 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

arctyler

New Head-Fier
I have seen mixed opinions on these two headphones, and i'm stuck between these two, i'm actually stuck between a lot of headphones and I've been jumping around on the market looking to see whats out there and these two look like they would make a good comparison, so if you had these two sitting in front of you right now, and you had to walk away with one, which one would you grab?

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 6
I did not like what I heard out of the AKG-550 when I tried it, granted it was whatever best buy hooked it up to.  Luckily enough they were playing a Mumford and Sons song which I know very well so at least I could make a short educated guess.

As for the decision, we'd need to know your priorities. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 6
I listen to a lot of different genres, rap, dubstep, country, alternative, and the only problem i am trying to decide the K550 is the fixed headphone jack, and portability, other than that i love the K550s, and the only things I like about the Denon is the bass, and clarity I've heard so much about..  other than that i personally hate the way they look, they look so plain, and just wondering but had anyone ever tried installing a jack on their fixed jack headphones? i personally would never try it on headphones that cost over 100 bucks, but i came across a link i saw and it gives you details on how to do it to set of Grado labs headphones, heres the link to it if anyone would like to try it with a cheap pair of headphones to see if it actually works http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Your-Headphone-Cable-Removable/?ALLSTEPS

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 6
I find the K550 is a better across the board. The bass on the D2000 sounded bloated to me, and I couldn't stand the recessed midrange.

Don't get too caught up in the whole clarity thing either. I guarantee you won't miss anything if you chose one headphone over the other.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 6
The Denon D2000 are closed back headphones with good deep punchy bass (i really like it's bass extention and punch), overall it's crisp clear in mids and highs with wide soundstage. The AKG K550 is very detailed ( even more detailed in mids, highs than D2000) with even wider soundstage and it also has good punchy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back