Alclair Reference Master Custom IEM Review
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #93 of 100
Thanks for the correction.  I'm assuming the difference other than the obvious BNC connection on the Livewires is with the tuning and/or drivers (never quite understood why Marc wraps the drivers for concealment).  

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #94 of 100
Thanks for the correction.  I'm assuming the difference other than the obvious BNC connection on the Livewires is with the tuning and/or drivers (never quite understood why Marc wraps the drivers for concealment).  

You don't think the wrap has any sonic benefits?

I'm not too familiar with the forces involved with balanced armatures but I would think it might be helpful in the reproduction of higher frequencies.

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #96 of 100
I don't think Marc wraps the drivers for concealment. I can clearly read brand and model number of midrange driver inside both shells of my RSM Quads. And all drivers are wrapped with some tape. There must be another reason for this. But maybe I'm mistaken.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #97 of 100
I had the Livewire Trips, which I'm not 100% if it's still tuned the same with the same drivers and configuration as the Reference, but if it is, the 4A is a better sounding ciem in terms of wider stage, and better micro details.  The only area that I recall that the Reference may had bested the 4A is with bass quantity.  I recall the 4A sounding much more musical over the Trips.  I hope that helps some.

Thanks for the info but as it turns out my wife had mistakenly put them in a different bag and I came across them yesterday. So excited I didn't loose them.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #98 of 100
Thanks for the info but as it turns out my wife had mistakenly put them in a different bag and I came across them yesterday. So excited I didn't loose them.
You must be releived!

You should still get some Alclairs and do a comparison for us. I think you "have to" now.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #100 of 100
As I didn't find many reviews online about Alclair Reference CIEMs I have made a short YouTube review where I talk about my experience and my thoughts on SQ and build. I know it is not the Master series model, but could be interesting anyway. I hope this will help someone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back