Alessandro MS PRO Driver Blob.
Aug 16, 2008 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ToneDeath

Head-Fier
Sorry if this has been covered before. My Alessandro MSP's have a strip of Dynamat or other material stuck to the back side of the drivers. Is this one of the tweaks they do to the Grado's? Do the MS1, MS2 also have this, and what about the Grado line?

Aug 16, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 6
Only the wooden Grados/Alessandro headphones get the "blob job," heh-heh. I believe the PS-1 also has it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoXter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS1, MS2, SR325 do not have this 'thing' on the driver. But now, you're mentioned it, I wonder what effect this maybe have on the sound. I think it's time for another experiments.

Here is a thread discussing the "blob" mod...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/gra...er-mod-183338/
I did it to my SR60 and SR225. Not sure of any effects though.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #6 of 6
I'd hate to bring back the dead but I really need your help. I recently acquired a pair of MS Pro without blobs in their drivers. Now, I'm quite worried if these are transplanted ones from lower end models. I can't find anything that would confirm this thing is genuine. Even Alessandro can't help me as I bought it used. Now, if these indeed are fake, I hope not, I would want a refund from the guy. Time is running out for me. I can't live thinking my MS Pro's aren't MS Pro's. These are my first expensive purchase, I don't want it to go wrong. Someone help a neophyte/headfi virgin here please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back