Alessandro MS2i losing popularity?
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AzraelDarkangel

500+ Head-Fier
I just noticed when doing searches that there seem to be alot of people selling MS2i phones. For awhile it seemed that these were often preferred over most of the Grado line except the much more expensive models along with the HF-2. Have alot of people moved on to other phones from the MS2i?

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 8
I do recall the MS2i being more popular a few years back when they were mentioned more often in threads. Maybe some people upgraded to MS-Proi? It's rare to see MS-Pro for sale. Maybe some people here are never satisfied for long and just have to try something new for the sake of it
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 8
I really like the MS2i's, and I still have mine.  But HF2's and RS2i's get more listening time now.

I'm surprised these aren't more popular in that I liked them a lot more than the SR325is.

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I really like the MS2i's, and I still have mine.  But HF2's and RS2i's get more listening time now.

I'm surprised these aren't more popular in that I liked them a lot more than the SR325is.

Probably be getting MS2's in a trade. Worth a try, although I'm actually pretty curious about that (in)famous SR325' treble

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 8
HF-2s seem to get alot of love here. I stopped hanging here for awhile and seemed to have missed a chance to buy them. I know I generally like the Grado sound based on my time with the SR60 and SR80. However I haven't yet had a chance to go to a meet or high-end shop to evaluate Denon, Beyerdynamics, AKG and others.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
HF-2s seem to get alot of love here. I stopped hanging here for awhile and seemed to have missed a chance to buy them. I know I generally like the Grado sound based on my time with the SR60 and SR80. However I haven't yet had a chance to go to a meet or high-end shop to evaluate Denon, Beyerdynamics, AKG and others.

they show up at the FS section very often at the moment

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Quote:

they show up at the FS section very often at the moment

That's true, I should just keep my eye on the FS section for about any headphones I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back