Alessandro Music Series 2, less "open" than SR325i? Or any tips on how to ship the RS2i's to Sweden?
May 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Johan R

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been looking into upgrading my headphones and I've settled on the Alessandro MS 2's. Or so I thought, until l read somewhere (can't remember where) that they are a bit less "open" sounding than the Grado SR325i's. Which is exacly what I'm looking for. The problem? Every Grado headphone apart from the SR60/SR80 is expensive as [insert word] in Sweden, where the RS2i for example is twice the price. 

Therefore I turned to Alessandro, where I can get them shipped to Sweden for 15 $, well, half that actually as a good friend of mine is getting a pair aswell. But as I said, someone wrote that they are a bit more closed. Does anyone have any input regarding this? 

Extra question, my original idée was to get the RS2i's, witch I ditched pretty soon due to the extreme swedish price (900$) and that I found no retailed (nor Grado themselves) shipping to Sweden. The other best retailer except for the swedish ones are Amazon.co.uk who sells them for 470 £ (790 $). If anyone knows where I can get them for a resonable price shipped to Sweden it would be awesome! I really want those Wooden headphones but I'm a bit hesitant to buying the Alessandro MS-Pro's aswell.

Music tip of the day; BadBadNotGood - III, awesome album, especially the song Kaleidoscope.

May 18, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Most audio stores that carry them will let you audition them without committing to buying. You should check them out at a local dealer first. And they are likely to have both in the store so you can directly compare them.

May 18, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 4
Johan, a quick check leads me to Madooma. They're based in Germany and are apparently shipping for €15 within the EU. Or, wait for one to turn up in the For Sale forums if you can hold out for some time.

http://www.madooma.com/shopHP/neu_grado/GRADO_RS-2i_Premium_Kopfhoerer_RS2i.html

May 18, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 4
Most audio stores that carry them will let you audition them without committing to buying. You should check them out at a local dealer first. And they are likely to have both in the store so you can directly compare them.

Yeah, offcourse, and I have listened to the 325i's but the swedish hifi market isnt that big which means that no retailer Imports them. Unfortunantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back