All in One Software Solution for Organizing Digital Music?
Mar 31, 2022 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

garetjax27

New Head-Fier
Looking to organize my extensive digital music library; what's the best all in one software solution out there (paid or free) that does the following:

- Tracks down and updates music tracks and albums with album art
- Tracks down, edits, manages and updates music tracks and album metadata/tags
- Capable of batch processing all of the above
- Create, generate and organize album and track playlists

Appreciate the help!

Mar 31, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Looking to organize my extensive digital music library; what's the best all in one software solution out there (paid or free) that does the following:

- Tracks down and updates music tracks and albums with album art
- Tracks down, edits, manages and updates music tracks and album metadata/tags
- Capable of batch processing all of the above
- Create, generate and organize album and track playlists

Appreciate the help!
This can all be done in Music Bee, although not automagically, if that's what you're looking for.

It certainly requires a degree of manual intervention. But, I've found it quite useful in keeping my library organized.

Mar 31, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Give Roon a shot. It is paid but you can get a 14 day trial on it. I used to use MusicBee exclusively but switched over to Roon because it has features I enjoy (parametric EQ, controlling the player through my phone). Of course Roon is paid so one should expect quality to be better than an open source solution (which isn't always the case).

Apr 4, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Appreciate the suggestions for Roon and MusicBee. I did check them out, but they seem a bit heavy for what I'm trying to e.g. a lot of features I have no plan on using. I'm looking for a standalone solution, lightweight, that only does tagging and organization; not really looking for something that has a player, parametric EQ, streaming capabilities, etc.

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 6
musicbrainz picard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back