ALO SXC Cryo Products
Jan 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #77 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by palestofwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Actually I'm quite worried about the 18G SXC cables. I'm not sure if it'll fit the i-Qube and 5.5G iMod nicely.

If you stack the iMod which has the line out in the middle of the unit, and the i-Qube which has the input jack to the left of the unit, the SXC wires may have to twist sideways which I don't know if they're going to cause strains on both the dock and the line-in.

Regards.

If I'm not mistaken, you can ask Ken to make a slightly longer LOD to prevent stress on jacks on both the iMod and iQube.

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #79 of 102
Thanks for the help guys and good news for my wallet. Thought I'd have to buy a separate one just for my nano. Palestofwhite's got me worried about the cable length now though lol. I'm probably going to be running the same setup of iQube + iMod.

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #80 of 102
Quote:

Hi raffy,

Thanks for the information, I'd be glad to do so if it does not cost considerably more. Will drop Ken an e-mail soon.

Regards.

No problem. For all we know, the stock length might be enough anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #81 of 102
Hi,

And now I'm in a dilemma... to custom or not? Vinnie will take 3 weeks to do my iMod. I still have plenty of time to consider... now for some serious thoughts...

Regards.

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #82 of 102
Quote:

Hi,

And now I'm in a dilemma... to custom or not? Vinnie will take 3 weeks to do my iMod. I still have plenty of time to consider... now for some serious thoughts...

Regards.

Just received my Cryo cable and the stock length is nearly a perfect fit for a 30gb ipod 5.5 + iQube and that's with a .2cm protective barrier between the two. There is very slight pressure, but nothing to worry about.

On the other hand if you're getting a 80gb modded (assuming it's considerably thicker) then it might be worth the extra length just to be safe. Either way I'm sure Vinnie knows the best length for the job.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #83 of 102
Thanks for the advice! I just got my Paypal refund today and I was ready to purchase. Luckily I read your post first.

I have already dropped Ken a mail and we'll see how it goes.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #84 of 102
I have received my ALO Cryo SXC 18G iMod cable this morning via FedEx priority and it only took about 2-3 days to be shipped here (Singapore). I was impressed with how Ken treated the item with proper packaging and care when it comes to shipping.

The LOD itself, I feel (yes I can), is a product built with pride and love. The level of attention given into the making and finish is truely remarkable. I really appreciate the final touches like the ALO labeling and treatment used throughout the various parts of the item. I must also commend that the braids implemented are really even and very professionally done.

Now for the sound, I have only plugged it into my 4G Nano and i-Qube to let it burn in before the iMod comes back from Vinnie (hopefully, 2 weeks later). I can sense some improvement over the DIY 22G I have with me, right out of it's sealed packaging, and I really want to see how burning in can help the Blackgates. I see a true potential in this product and it does better than my Ultimate Link Silver Master-i line out dock (24G pure silver).

As described, it produces the highs that are comparable to Silver, but also compensates and add to the lower spectrum of the sound as to what copper should. It gives a fuller sound without losing the details, which I really appreciate, especially when used with my ER4P/S and i-Qube.

My only main concern will be to reform the wires so that it can fit the 5.5G 80GB iMod and the i-Qube. I'm thinking of applying some heat using warm air from a hair dryer. Is this step of heating to soften the wires and then to reform them, a recommended procedure? Please advice.

Lastly, I would like to thank Ken for being such a pleasure to do business with. He answers to all my questions (no matter how ridiculous they are) and never fail to give good advice. I will definitely turn to him for any cable related issues.

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #86 of 102
Quote:

I have received my ALO Cryo SXC 18G iMod cable this morning via FedEx priority and it only took about 2-3 days to be shipped here (Singapore). I was impressed with how Ken treated the item with proper packaging and care when it comes to shipping.

The LOD itself, I feel (yes I can), is a product built with pride and love. The level of attention given into the making and finish is truely remarkable. I really appreciate the final touches like the ALO labeling and treatment used throughout the various parts of the item. I must also commend that the braids implemented are really even and very professionally done.

Now for the sound, I have only plugged it into my 4G Nano and i-Qube to let it burn in before the iMod comes back from Vinnie (hopefully, 2 weeks later). I can sense some improvement over the DIY 22G I have with me, right out of it's sealed packaging, and I really want to see how burning in can help the Blackgates. I see a true potential in this product and it does better than my Ultimate Link Silver Master-i line out dock (24G pure silver).

As described, it produces the highs that are comparable to Silver, but also compensates and add to the lower spectrum of the sound as to what copper should. It gives a fuller sound without losing the details, which I really appreciate, especially when used with my ER4P/S and i-Qube.

My only main concern will be to reform the wires so that it can fit the 5.5G 80GB iMod and the i-Qube. I'm thinking of applying some heat using warm air from a hair dryer. Is this step of heating to soften the wires and then to reform them, a recommended procedure? Please advice.

Lastly, I would like to thank Ken for being such a pleasure to do business with. He answers to all my questions (no matter how ridiculous they are) and never fail to give good advice. I will definitely turn to him for any cable related issues.

palestofwhite,

Thank you, you are too kind. I would gently heat the wires with the hair dryer until that are warm to the touch, you do not need to get them too hot. Then just plug everything in the way you want it to be and hold them that way until the wires cool. They will remain in that shape.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #88 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know. Ken made the Imod Jmbo Cotton dock which I currently have. Only problem is, the jack is huge, as is my Switchcraft plug on my Apuresound Ety 4p which means I lose tons of space on the front of my Hornet amp. BUT my Jumbo is well broken in and mellow.

So--do I drop about 200 for a new dock, or keep the Cotton Jumbo?? Don't know. Still thinking about it

Thought about it Sold the Cotton Jumbo. Now listening to the new cable. Wonderful sound right out of the box. Now for that long-term burn-in

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #89 of 102
Edit: Just realized there is a SXC DIY thread. Posted my comment there

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #90 of 102
Hi , currently i'm using the ALO UPOCC Cryo 22AWG LOD.

By changing to SXC 18AWG , what additional improvement will i get to hear?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back